Makai TK-55 Tenor Ukulele ??

molinee

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Makai Ukuleles and especially the TK-55 Tenors? They are selling for less than a C-note but I don't know much about them. I see that they do have bone nut and saddle. Anyone know if they are coming out of the same shop as any of the other ukuleles for comparison..... TIA

Anyone know anything about Makai Ukuleles and especially the TK-55 Tenors? They are selling for less than a C-note but I don't know much about them. I see that they do have bone nut and saddle. Anyone know if they are coming out of the same shop as any of the other ukuleles for comparison..... TIA

They appear to be virtually identical to Ohanas. Ukisociety has a willow one and likes it a lot. I have a bottom-of-the-line soprano that I really just bought for decoration. Its tuners (friction) are wretched, but it sounds okay if I can get it in tune. If I was looking for a budget tenor I would consider Makai.

I'm not sure which model #, but MGM is selling the solid spruce top Makai tenor and I know he won't sell anything that isn't a decent playable uke. I e mailed him about them and he said they sound very much like the Kala and Lanikai ukes. I'm seriously concidering one myself.

They appear to be virtually identical to Ohanas. Ukisociety has a willow one and likes it a lot. I have a bottom-of-the-line soprano that I really just bought for decoration. Its tuners (friction) are wretched, but it sounds okay if I can get it in tune. If I was looking for a budget tenor I would consider Makai.
Well I like the idea of them adding bone, but I guess they are taking away in the neck material.
Also, I think you are right about looking like the Ohanas- but I bet Ken M. would have something to say about that... ;) I am going to order one just to satisfy my curiosity. Not expecting too much, but we shall see.

Top Bottom