uke in the praise band!

3nails4holes

Reaction score
well it's a first for our church. we've had a cello, viola, violin (fiddle, even!), banjo, and a host of various standard stuff (drums, guitar, elec. guitar, percussion set (triangle to the egg)), but i had the honor of playing the first ukulele in our church's praise band last sunday!

http://www.concordchristianchurch.org/

it seemed to go over well! most of the non-100% positive comments were of the "so, why is your guitar so small?" variety. played "there's no one like our God." cool! very cool!

how about you folks in the uu universe? any ukes in the praise band?

:shaka:

I've included the uke whenever I can...problem is I'm the lead on guitar, so it only happens when I have to preach and I decide to bring my buddy in for some help. I let him lead and I'll pull out the uke. We can rock it...seriously, pretty sweet.

good for you homey...next time folks ask about your small guitar, tell em your mom put it in the dryer on high heat, and it really has to air dry only.

Wow. Another guy from Concord, NC? Nice. :D

I actually pulled out the ukulele just this past Friday, at a bonfire get-together, with a bunch of folks from my brothers' church. Had about 3 people playing guitar singing P&W songs around the fire, so I whipped out the uke and followed along on a few songs. I didn't know any except for one, but I managed to figure out 3 or so songs and played along with them. People were definitely interested in the ukulele, haha. Got asked a lot of questions, and showed a few people some simple chords to show how easy it is to pickup and play.

Sounded good, but probably would have sounded better if I had known more of the songs and if I had been playing ukulele for longer than just a couple weeks. ;)

*EDIT*: Just looked up your church, 3nails4holes. I pass it every day on the way to work. In fact, I live right down the street from it. :)

Last edited:
Brandon!!! You know what that means... You HAVE to come to our Uke Jam!!! www.charlotteukejam.blogspot.com We meet every first Saturday at my ice cream shop. Robby is missing this one, but there is always a pretty decent turn out and it is fun! I live on the edge of concord on the Charlotte side. My shop is around mint hill.

And in honor of you Robby I was convincing Lettie (she sat in on our Uke jam the other day) to pick up a uke to use in her praise band at church (she was in the shop with her sunday school teacher). I sent her home with some of the extra copies of the P&W music you brought! Last I saw she did a facebook post about working on one of them!!! Before you know it, no P&W band in Charlotte will be complete without a Uke ;).

Top Bottom