Corktown Uke Jam? Just a couple questions...

Vindelanda

Reaction score
Hey there!
It looks like I will be in Toronto the first and/or second week of May, and I had a couple questions about the Corktown Ukulele Jams you guys have.
Would it be okay for an older teen to come? I believe it says on your website that it's alright, but I just wanted to confirm.
And do you have to register if you're not performing but just attending the workshop and listening to the open-mic?
So yes, I'm sorry if these are really obvious questions that have been answered elsewhere, I just wanted to confirm and see if there's anyone out there on the Underground that might be at the jam!
Thanks you guys, it would be really awesome to meet some other uke players!

You don't have to register but I'm not to sure about the age thing. It is in a bar. Are you 19? I'll try to find out more or maybe someone else will know for sure. Is there contact info on the Corktown site? Maybe ask about the age thing there.

Hi there!

It should be fine for an older teen to come. There are definitely older kids who have attended and participated, but bear in mind that it is in a bar so they need to be accompanied by an adult.
It's not mandatory for you to register but take a second and do so if you can. The organizers like to have an idea of how many ukers will be there on a Wednesday. It can range from about 50 - 80. All are welcome whether you register or not. :)
Let me know if you're coming the first or second Wednesday of May. I believe the first Wednesday is open-mic and the second is just a lesson and jam-along session.

Let us know if you have any more questions. Can't wait to meet you!

I went to the Corktown jam tonight and asked about the age thing and everything should be fine for you to come. Get in touch with Zoe before you go and meet her outside, then she can pretend she is your Mom if she has to.

Ah, thank you guys! I'm going to look at my flights and then let you know, Zoe. This will be awesome! I've never really met any other uke players, and I just got a new Fluke, perfect for travelling with. :D

Top Bottom