Zebra wood and Mahogany - Blue Frog Soprano-003

Vic D

Reaction score
Scratch build number 3. Zebrawood back and sides, mahogany top, spanish cedar neck with rosewood skunk stripe, mahogany linings, rosewood fretboard and bridge patch. I've installed a walnut end graft and gonna put walnut bindings on tommorow. everything on this body started at .065 and feathered from there. There's a pile of pretty green and white poplar backs on the table there.
View attachment 12013View attachment 12014

That looks like it will be an interesting combination. Let us know how it sounds!
–Lori

Love the look of Zebra-wood.
I will be curious how it sounds.
Dan

Lookin' good, Vic. Very nice color, and I'm a fan of skunk stripes - or in this case zebra stripes. BTW your spanish cedar looks a lot lighter than ours, but all the better to match the contrast look of the zebrawood. Really nice.

Keep us posted on further progress.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, did I miss something or am I just stupid? What's the story with blue frog sopranos?

Lookin' good, Vic. Very nice color, and I'm a fan of skunk stripes - or in this case zebra stripes. BTW your spanish cedar looks a lot lighter than ours, but all the better to match the contrast look of the zebrawood. Really nice.

Keep us posted on further progress.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, did I miss something or am I just stupid? What's the story with blue frog sopranos?

Thanks Erich! Yep this cedar is a real light color and weight it seems. Some spanish cedar I've seen online has more prominent grain patterns and stuff. I guess I'll figure out the differences as I aquire more wood.
Blue Frog? heh, I've had this name in mind for at least 10 years.

Top Bottom