Hercules stand Autogrip

Ronnie Aloha

Mahalo Sen. Dan, R.I.P.
UU+
UU VIP
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Hercules stand with the Autogrip feature? I was wondering if a uke has enough weight to close the grip.

Yes I have one. Mine if for my basses, But I just tested it ukes. You have to push it down with a uke since
gravity alone won't make a uke lock into place. Great stands though. Could probably take yours in a GC and test it out. Headstock shapes and sizes
might be an issue on some. Also, my tuners contact the foam, which could mess up the tuning if your pushing down on it to lock.

I love my Hercules auto grip stand. But from my experience, some headstocks do not fit comfortably, and most ukes are not heavy enough to push it down with its own weight as angelopb mentioned. It's weird, b/c the ones at my local store that hold up ukuleles work perfectly fine...maybe there's a screw or something that can be loosened. But I don't use it for ukes, b/c it sort of looks like it might fall off (I've got the single tripod design one). Guitars and basses do fit comfortably, but ukuleles, not so much. Then again, I haven't found that any of my guitar stands have been a particularly good fit for any of my ukes, esepcially smaller ukes have a harder time.

Thanks for the response guys. I am looking for a stand for two tenors. I have them strung high G and low g so I keep them together in the living room. I switch off depending on the song I'm playing. I usually just leave them upright on the couch but I though they would be safer on a stand.

I leave mine lying on the nearest couch/bed all the time. Only danger is someone sitting on them. As for stands, I face the danger of running into it and knocking it over in cramped quarters. If you've got a lot of open space, that may not be an issue though.

Top Bottom