Original instrumental constructive criticism

frofrofro

Reaction score
This ukulele instrumental is the second complete thing i've ever written, made from two 'themes' written a month apart without the intention of meshing them together, and with an ending written once they were.

I showed this to my friend who also plays music, and he had a number of issues with the song.
That was quite painful (it's only my second piece!). So i asked him what was wrong with it, and he said it was too many ideas mixed into it, the key change and the transition were too clunky, and a couple of chords sounded wrong to him. he's training to be an audio 'engineer' (not real engineering) and asked me play ukulele so he can practice using the recording studio. so before then (on Wednesday), i've put up a rough cut of it and an edit on my youtube channel, can you tell me what you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlJtzDduisE

0:11 0:24 0:35 0:41 the transition (you'll know it when you hear it) and the final chord are his specific issues. the last thirty seconds or so are a change i made to the transition to make it smoother and the final chord. What are your thoughts (any thoughts at all)?

Top Bottom