Is it fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

nom¡s

Reaction score
In the recent recording thread things got pretty heated, but I certainly wasn't the only one throwing mud and any comments that i did make were intended to inform in a situation where i felt poor (and potentially expensive) information was being presented to members in the form of a pseudo tutorial.

After a personal attack on me was deleted by Melissa82 (Super Moderator) she locked the thread. She also gave really good advice that people should do online research before buying equipment and not just take the advice of one poster. She also pointed out that we shouldn't make personal attacks on each other. I was as much to blame as anyone else but I think she dealt with it in a mature, diplomatic and even-handed manner. It seemed the situation was done and dusted.

Then for no apparent reason Seeso (Non Super Moderator) decides to overrule Melissa's discussion and (as if sticking two fingers up at her comment about personal attacks) call me a Jerk. Lastly from the entire melee to single me out for a public warning.

Well what's good for the goose is good for the gander so i PMd him with the single word "idiot". Maybe I went too far but in the immortal word of my 9 year-old "He started it"

Now when i try to log on I get this:

In the end i guess there's not much i can do about it, but the original poster who posted a comment so offensive to me that it was deleted by Melissa didn't even get a slap on the wrist. And does being a moderator mean that you can insult forum members in the knowledge that there will be no response for fear of a life-time ban.

Anyways, i really enjoyed the forum, I learned a few things, made a few friends and even felt i had a thing or two to contribute (I guess some would disagree lol)

Well good luck to everyone, I'm a bit upset so I think I'll go and play my uke for a while............

I think it's funny that people make assumptions when they don't know the whole story. :) It's not like we have to go around saying "Hey we sent a message to so and so to let them know they were being a *insert whatever personal attack you chose here.*"

But I mean, if you have no respect for people, don't bother posting online because especially after this stunt, it seems to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom