Bushman under new management?

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
I just got this email:

From: ukulele@aweber.com on behalf of Bushman Music Works Sent: Mon 4/19/2010 12:35 PM
To: Brandt, Alan
Cc:
Subject: America's Favorite Ukulele
Attachments:
View As Web Page
Dear Alan,

If you've been waiting on a Bushman Jenny Ukulele in any size: Soprano, Concert, or Tenor - we are setting one up for you right now. .....
Bushman Music Works, 2381 Country Club Rd, Nashville, Indiana 47448

To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:
http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?LBwcnAxstMxsLKxsnMxstEa0bOxMzBwMDA==

Notice the part in bold "on behalf of..." ????

Last edited:
How many will you be paying for, on behalf of...

Before we jump to any conclusions, maybe someone can reply to them to see what is going on.

I have been notified that this is a real campaign. Please be respectful of any further comments you wish to add to this thread.

Notice the part in bold "on behalf of..." ????

Looks like this is a mass e-mail message, sent out to many people (perhaps their entire customer base). They're using AWeber--a third-party e-mail marketing company--to do it for them.

We do the same thing where I work. For large e-mail communication tasks (newsletters, etc.), we mostly use Emma. Constant Contact is another popular one around here too.

Anyway, it's not always easy to send out hundreds of messages just from, say, Outlook. And you have to deal with all the boucebacks, opt-outs (which involve legal issues), and such. Then there's designing the e-mail message itself. It makes sense, in a lot of cases, to farm all that out to a company that specializes in it, has the proper servers and software, employs designers, etc. They can track open rates for you, tell you how many people follow which embedded links, etc.

So I don't think this necessarily means Bushman is under new ownership.

JJ

Yup. What JJ said. The business where I do my day job availed itself of similar services before we began to manage it all in-house.

As Melissa said, best to be restrained until we know what's what.

For now, old timers here know all about the history, and newbies can search for past references to the company if they are curious. At this stage there's no need to retread the same tired old ground.

I always thought bushman was a firearms company:)
Hopefully this is the beginning of the right step for ukuleles that bear the bushman name.

Let's not resurrect a controversial topic and IMO, it's best to leave it alone.

I received the same email message, and it actually got me curious enough to go to the Bushman website and look around. (The email included links to some photos of Bushman ukuleles and a link to a slide show from a movie called "Eat, Pray, Love" showing James Franco playing an ukulele for Julia Roberts. Strangely, however, there was no direct link to the Bushman website.) Unlike the OP's email, though, my email came from Bushman's gmail address and was "signed" by John Hall. It sounds to me, as people have said, that it's a marketing campaign.

Kind of confused about the confusion since aweber is a mailing list tool for businesses.

Kind of confused about the confusion since aweber is a mailing list tool for businesses.

I'm guessing that a lot of people don't know that. I only found out that aweber is a mailing tool for businesses by reading this thread.

I'm a very fortunate guy because I live close to Mainland Ukuleles & Bushman Ukuleles.

So I picked up the phone and called. Talked with John for a few minutes. He is still selling Bushman Ukuleles and business is booming. He mentioned that a movie is coming out where of his Ukuleles is being used. My hearing is pretty bad so I didn't get the title.

Have a Great Day,
Jim

IHe mentioned that a movie is coming out where of his Ukuleles is being used. My hearing is pretty bad so I didn't get the title.

The movie is "Eyjafjallajökull Delayed My Ukulele". ;)

I'm a very fortunate guy because I live close to Mainland Ukuleles & Bushman Ukuleles.

So I picked up the phone and called. Talked with John for a few minutes. He is still selling Bushman Ukuleles and business is booming. He mentioned that a movie is coming out where of his Ukuleles is being used. My hearing is pretty bad so I didn't get the title.

Have a Great Day,
Jim

The movie is called "Eat, Pray, Love," which is apparently being released in August. There's a website with photos from the movie of James Franco playing an ukulele in front of Julia Roberts.

I always thought bushman was a firearms company:)
Hopefully this is the beginning of the right step for ukuleles that bear the bushman name.

You're thinking of "Bushmaster", the rifle used by the DC sniper.

Top Bottom