UAS at it's worst when...

cornfedgroove

Reaction score
dang it, I've done sooo good for sooo long about not getting any instruments. Then I slacked on cbu's and now I'm suffering a major frigen breakdown...

I just bought a uke that cost me more than I've ever spent on one instrument period...but it doesnt help because I spent a solid couple months obsessing over this, and purchased it but it hasnt arrived yet. That means that not only am I in seek and slobber mode, but I'm also in spend mode...which apparently means I need everything.

Waiting for arrival after purchase is when I am the most ill with this terribly wonderful syndrome.

Things currently obsessing over
Mya-Moe ukes
Kala Acacia Tenor and Soprano
Mainland Mahogany Tenor and Soprano
Rick Turner Compass Rose
New Pono Mahogany head-slotted

it's actually painful

Last edited:
What did you buy?

When I was researching my first Ukes that is when my UAS was the worst because I surrounded myself with it looking for the right one. Then when I settled into my new Uke I got better because I felt like looking at other ukes was like cheating on the one I had ;)
Love your new Uke! It does not get much better than that pretty thing!

thanks, I didnt win the lotto Rob...I sold a banjo, electric guitar, couple cbu's, and had a check come in from a 3rd job as well as a little birthday and tax money. LOL

The thing about this is that its built by one of the three premier luthiers from G-string during their prime...they had some differences, now he's out on his own, establishing his name independent of G-string. People recognize his work, but dont know it was this guy who made it...so even though I dropped the dough on it, it will most likely being worth at least as much in the years to come as he becomes established as an independent custom builder. So I got in near the ground level...Shawn Yacavone from ukulelefriend purchased the wood himself for this and commissioned a build from it...so it has a neat little story. He was a real pleasure to talk with on the phone, and was beyond generous with me. He dropped the price, gave me a case, threw in a Mi-Si installation as well as free shipping...cant complain bout that. It was a win/win for both of us.

I'll take some pictures when it comes in if I can learn to work the pics again.

That is one gorgeous instrument. Congratulations, and I hope you don't have to wait too long for it to get there. That can be an unbearable agony!

it has always been pure torture for me regardless of the instrument. I HATE, LOATHE, ABHORE the incomprehensible, SCREAMING PAIN that I must suffer waiting for the arrival of any instrument.

I cant wait to try it out.

finally got the pictures to work. had to use firefox on my work computer for the first time lol. that really is a beautiful instrument :drool:

You did well Cornfed.
I am of the opinion that it is much better to have one phenomenal instrument like that one, than to have 100 mediocre ones.

I've always wanted a really nice guitar...over the last year, I included the ukulele in that. So I'm making progress since I've accomplished this so far. I really gotta get back into CBUs, it curbs my obsession with instruments and generates some money for toys. My jobs cover bills and family things, but if my wife and I want something...we're on our own:cool:

She used to make all natural hippy stuff like chai tea, soap, chapstick, lotion bars...now she's doing photography. http://jaymispencer.zenfolio.com/

That is nice... If you dont mind me asking (I didn't see price), how much did that cost you?

Top Bottom