PDA

View Full Version : UAS at it's worst when...

cornfedgroove
04-19-2010, 02:57 PM
dang it, I've done sooo good for sooo long about not getting any instruments. Then I slacked on cbu's and now I'm suffering a major frigen breakdown...

I just bought a uke that cost me more than I've ever spent on one instrument period...but it doesnt help because I spent a solid couple months obsessing over this, and purchased it but it hasnt arrived yet. That means that not only am I in seek and slobber mode, but I'm also in spend mode...which apparently means I need everything.

Waiting for arrival after purchase is when I am the most ill with this terribly wonderful syndrome.

Things currently obsessing over
Mya-Moe ukes
Kala Acacia Tenor and Soprano
Mainland Mahogany Tenor and Soprano
Rick Turner Compass Rose
New Pono Mahogany head-slotted

it's actually painful

Faricelli
04-19-2010, 03:21 PM
What did you buy?

cornfedgroove
04-19-2010, 03:38 PM
http://web.me.com/syacavone/Site/T.D._Ukulele_%28T.D.%E3%82%A6%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AC%E3 %83%AC%E3%83%BB2%29.html

dkcrown
04-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Very nice. I guess you can say Happy Birthday to myself!

Faricelli
04-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Dang, you win the lotto?

Mim
04-19-2010, 03:57 PM
When I was researching my first Ukes that is when my UAS was the worst because I surrounded myself with it looking for the right one. Then when I settled into my new Uke I got better because I felt like looking at other ukes was like cheating on the one I had ;)
Love your new Uke! It does not get much better than that pretty thing!

Dane
04-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Damn I love that headstock. At least you got something beautiful. It's not like you lost the money on a slot machine, you got a bomb-ass uke!

cornfedgroove
04-19-2010, 04:22 PM
thanks, I didnt win the lotto Rob...I sold a banjo, electric guitar, couple cbu's, and had a check come in from a 3rd job as well as a little birthday and tax money. LOL

The thing about this is that its built by one of the three premier luthiers from G-string during their prime...they had some differences, now he's out on his own, establishing his name independent of G-string. People recognize his work, but dont know it was this guy who made it...so even though I dropped the dough on it, it will most likely being worth at least as much in the years to come as he becomes established as an independent custom builder. So I got in near the ground level...Shawn Yacavone from ukulelefriend purchased the wood himself for this and commissioned a build from it...so it has a neat little story. He was a real pleasure to talk with on the phone, and was beyond generous with me. He dropped the price, gave me a case, threw in a Mi-Si installation as well as free shipping...cant complain bout that. It was a win/win for both of us.

I'll take some pictures when it comes in if I can learn to work the pics again.

Chris Tarman
04-19-2010, 05:55 PM
That is one gorgeous instrument. Congratulations, and I hope you don't have to wait too long for it to get there. That can be an unbearable agony!

cornfedgroove
04-19-2010, 06:03 PM
it has always been pure torture for me regardless of the instrument. I HATE, LOATHE, ABHORE the incomprehensible, SCREAMING PAIN that I must suffer waiting for the arrival of any instrument.

I cant wait to try it out.

arashi_nero
04-20-2010, 05:00 AM
finally got the pictures to work. had to use firefox on my work computer for the first time lol. that really is a beautiful instrument :drool:

sebi
04-20-2010, 05:08 AM
http://web.me.com/syacavone/Site/T.D._Ukulele_%28T.D.%E3%82%A6%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AC%E3 %83%AC%E3%83%BB2%29.html

Wow, that is one awesome looking and (surely) awesome sounding ukulele! I'm sure it's worth every single penny.

cornfedgroove
04-20-2010, 02:23 PM
we shall soon see...arrival set to be no later than thursday

Faricelli
04-20-2010, 02:31 PM
When your uke high comes down. I would like to see and hear it.

Sambient
04-20-2010, 02:41 PM
My UAS is at its worst when I see other members beautiful new ukuleles.

thomas
04-20-2010, 06:47 PM
You did well Cornfed.

I am of the opinion that it is much better to have one phenomenal instrument like that one, than to have 100 mediocre ones.

Enjoy,
Thomas

cornfedgroove
04-21-2010, 03:25 AM
You did well Cornfed.
I am of the opinion that it is much better to have one phenomenal instrument like that one, than to have 100 mediocre ones.

I've always wanted a really nice guitar...over the last year, I included the ukulele in that. So I'm making progress since I've accomplished this so far. I really gotta get back into CBUs, it curbs my obsession with instruments and generates some money for toys. My jobs cover bills and family things, but if my wife and I want something...we're on our own:cool:

She used to make all natural hippy stuff like chai tea, soap, chapstick, lotion bars...now she's doing photography. http://jaymispencer.zenfolio.com/

Tudorp
04-21-2010, 03:56 AM
That is nice... If you dont mind me asking (I didn't see price), how much did that cost you?

cornfedgroove
04-21-2010, 04:16 AM
I sent you a pm...

Spooner
04-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Nice addition!
I was looking at that one awhile back.
Shawn is an awesome guy to buy from too.
Congrats!

cornfedgroove
04-23-2010, 02:45 AM
well, I got it...and it looks awesome

I really need to find the other half of my Worth Browns, cuz this came with Hilos. Its a little stiff, but its new so we'll have to play her in and see how she turns out. I've only had one other uke, and it was stiff for a while...but one day she just KAPOW - opened up and started humming.