Before ukuleles ruled the world....

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Have a look at this - I can't even remember who I built it for... Just the other day I potential client offered me a shed load of money to build him a parlor guitar. You know what? If it quietens down towards the end of the year as it did last year I must just pimp myself out and do it....

Nope - it's just a baritone ukulele with a thinner neck and steel strings. I'm building 2 cool baris at prersent - one has the body shape of a J200...

I just started on a triple O guitar with spruce top and koa sides (stew-mac plans). got the top, back and sides resawn and sanded to thckness and the sides tapered so far. Also have the mold made. Just making it for fun.
I'm also making a all koa baritone that is getting close to done.

Thought tenor guitars had a longer scale length of 22" - 23" and larger body, '0' size; ?
Would love to see pics of your baris in process. Any chance of that?

I've just been in brief correspondence with the guy auctioning this piece. It was my very first sale wehn I moved to the US. A wonderful man called Oscar Hunsicker bought it along with three other instruments over the time I spent in Akron. He kept me going when times were tough and is a true patron of the the folk scene in Ohio. I believe he has something to do with the famous Augusta music festival that goes on there each year...

Top Bottom