Where Can I Find Chord Shapes Online?

mangorockfish

Reaction score
I went to Sheep Ent., but it only showed two stings. I'm looking for slash chords and the different Sus chords, i.e. C/E F/C C9sus4. I'm a big Bob Dylan fan an he uses some pretty off-the-wall chords. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I don't know what "stings" are, but with only four strings, compromises usually have to be made for complex chords. Some can only really be done on six strings. You might be able to "cheat" by dropping some notes in a sort of "implied" voicing and substituting the modified notes in their place. Most chord charts I've seen only have the basics. Once you know basic chord structure and know what notes to look for, it shouldn't be too hard to construct whatever special chord you want.

The website only showed half a uke, so it only showed two finger positions. I searched for "chord finder" and came up with nothig. I recall a website for uke chords, but don't remember the name of it.

Wow. I haven't seen Brian's Chordlist before this. It's not exactly a printable page but thanks anyway!

If you Google "Ukulele Chord Chart", you'll get a ton of hits. But they all pretty much show the basics. Majors, minors, 7ths, 6ths, maybe diminished, augmented, and 9ths. That's often pretty much it.

To go beyond that, you could find one of those online automatic chord program thingies. Or you could buy a more complete chord chart, like Mel Bay's ukulele chord book.

But you know what I recommend instead? I say you just sit down and learn about chords: How they're constructed, why they get the name they do, what a slash chord is, what a sus4 is, and that sort of thing. There's actually logic behind it all, and once you know the formulas, you can figure out any chord there is, without a chart, book, or program.

JJ

If you Google Images 'Ukulele Songs', it will show you 2 chord chart images from www.ukulelesongs.com. Right click and choose 'save target as' to save them to your hard drive, then print them. You will have almost all the ukulele chords on 2 sheets of paper.
As an example, for C they give diagrams for: C C7 Cm Cm7 Cdim Caug C6 Cmaj7 C9. I use them constantly.
I work out a lot of songs on the uke and it is a rare thing that I have to look up another chord. I usually ignore all those wierd chords and simplify it. Often they are describing transient chords which do not translate onto a uke from a guitar.
Penster

Top Bottom