KoAloha Power

iDavid

Reaction score
I am so loving this uke. I just play it constantly and it is having such a cool effect on my family.

Tonight I was strumming along... as usual and my 6 year breaks into Somewhere Over the Rainbow. (nothing new there)

then my two year hit the chorus in time with her sister... magic

then I start playing, Land Down Under, which neither child knows

My 6 year old, Meaalofa, starts sing "I like my Family" an original... in time and on key.

She has been making up songs since she could talk, but this one really warmed my heart.

Kids and ukes are the greatest combo ever!

Isn't it great? Each evening shortly before bedtime, my 3-year-old grandson comes in and asks me to play "Big Rock Candy Mountain", and he sings along. I wouldn't trade that for anything.

My almost 10 month old son is amazed at my ukulele. When ever he hears it he will drop anything and crawl over. He loves to grab at it and push it around. Recently I have been showing him how to 'strum' it. While it is laying on the ground I will take one finger and strum across the strings. He has acctually used one finger to imitate me 'stumming' the strings. Ussually his other hand is on the strings some where else so it does not make sounds, but he is trying to be like his dad.

Edit: Not a Koaloha, I don't have one. He plays with my beater.

My 2-year old just realised that you can sing Happy Birthday to all sorts of things. So now he insists we sing it to chairs, tables, the toaster, everything.

Which of course we do, as obedient parents.

Kid's and uke's are definetly made for each other! My grandkids and I play together as often as we can, I bought the 2 older ones (6 and 7) Makala Dolphins last year and the baby (18 mos.) was so enamored with them we found an old beater tourist uke for him and he plinks and strums along with us.

Top Bottom