Roy Sakuma recovering from Heart surgery

Howie1947

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyong know, that Roy Sakuma recently had open heart surgery and that he was home recovering. I certainly wish him a speedy recovery, and look forward to seeing him at the 40th Ukulele Festival this July. Get will soon !

Now there is someone who has made the world a better place.

Here's to a speedy recovery for Roy!

Wishing one of the best teachers and promoters of the ukulele a speedy recovery!

Yes, our best thoughts and prayers go out for Roy's speedy and complete recovery.

We all hope to see him at the big 40th Annual Ukulele Festival in Honolulu, July 18th.

Malama Pono,

Keep uke-in',

SPAM

yes, a kind and gentle man who has done much for the keiki over the years.

best wishes and aloha nui to Roy.

fyi - the original post is from 2010, the year of the 40th annual Hawaii Ukulele Festival. Roy recovered from his heart surgery and went on to organize 9 more Ukulele Festivals before retiring and turning the event over to Craig Chee and Sarah Maisel for the most recent 2 festivals (online during the pandemic).

I'm not sure this is SPAM. The poster is not trying to sell anything or get you to open a link, just urging you to educate yourself and talk to a doctor.
Interesting that they found this old thread and posted on it...

I'm not sure this is SPAM. The poster is not trying to sell anything or get you to open a link, just urging you to educate yourself and talk to a doctor.
Interesting that they found this old thread and posted on it.
There IS a link though. The new forum does a terrible job highlighting them. And just one post? Classic SPAM giveaway.

Interesting that they found this old thread and posted on it...

It's likely spam. No mention of ukes. There's a link in their post. This forum doesn't handle links well: for some reason they don't give them a visibly contrasting color, so they're easy to miss. If it's a bot, they won't return to comment. If it's a person, still unlikely.

But imagine if it was a person and they came back to try to pretend they weren't spamming. And to keep up appearances, they started participating in these forums. Eventually, they realize they have to go out and get an actual ukulele so they don't seem clueless in discussions. They start to play. They unexpectedly enjoy it. Where once they were pretending, soon they begin to participate in the forums in earnest. What started as a ruse becomes a fun hobby. But then UAS sets in. They begin upgrading to better and more expensive ukes. Pretty soon they're buying K brands and then customs. Their purchasing gets out of control. What was once a hobby becomes an all consuming obsession. Homes are remortgaged. Credit cards are maxed. The one time spammer turns to a life of crime to feed their unquenchable UAS. I'm not sure where I'm going with this. I'm pretty sure it's just spam, though.

That is definitely spam and I reported it yesterday, seems it got deleted after half a day.
There is a link in the last word, though the forum doesn't show the link very well.

Please note: the spammers usually have no interesting in selling us (the users on the forum) anything or getting us to open their link. The amount of users here are too small to get their interesting.
What they are doing is to put a link on this forum, and let the search engines (Google, etc) index the page and link back to their websites and drive more visitors to their websites.
So, no selling doesn't mean not spammer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom