My new baby is a RISA concert out of solid Koa and I love it!!

Sayyadina

Reaction score
I've only been playing for two months but the Uke fever already got me in it's tight grip which resulted in me buying a sweet new Uke. I thought i'd share it with you as it is soooo damn beautiful.
Too bad i don't have an adequate camera to make it shine, so the picture is quite sucky.
I'm going to continue playing now as I'm so addicted to my new baby already! :music:
Cheers to UU! Without all the resources you provide it would be so much more difficult to learn to play this beautiful instrument.

Attachments

• Foto 417.jpg
    Foto 417.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
nice!

when are we gonna see some vids?

that uke looks sweet!

Rigk has a direct comparison video of the spruce and koa soprano on youtube. I've lusted over the acoustic Risa line for so long. Great score!

It's one of the few Risas without a sound sample over at ukulele.de - I wouldn't exactly ignore any vids or audio samples you posted. :D

The koa tenor sounds sublime and it's an understatement to say that competes with the Hawaiian brands. I'd love to hear the concert since that's the size I prefer. :)

Last edited:
It's one of the few Risas without a sound sample over at ukulele.de - I wouldn't exactly ignore any vids or audio samples you posted. :D

I only got the shitty mic that's built into my laptop and that wouldnt do the Uke any justice. Once i get to it I will record something for you with my friend's equipment.
Gotta practice some more too before hehe.

I'm a headphone audiophile type so I won't say that decent recording equipment isn't appreciated... but it's ok to do it ghetto style too. I made two audio samples with just the built-in isight mic, and made lots of mistakes but none of the cool kids laughed at me. :) I just had to up the mic's gain in Garage Band, and even then it was a turn-up the volume affair. But I could still be heard. :)

I can understand not wanting to post to youtube, but UU is a friendly audience if you just audio samples. :)

Well you asked for it... I had to make it really short and of bad quality cause of attachment size limit. Enjoy! Maybe it will give you an idea on how nice the Uke might sound in the right hands :).

Attachments

• Demo.m4a.zip
    78.2 KB · Views: 17
Oh that sounds sweet!!! How does she feel to play? :nana:

I'm not really sure what you mean. It is my second Uke, first one was a rather cheap soprano. The RISA is harder to fret but apart from that it feels awesome! Smells good too. :D

I'm not really sure what you mean. It is my second Uke, first one was a rather cheap soprano. The RISA is harder to fret but apart from that it feels awesome! Smells good too. :D

Actually that answers the question. I was wondering how the action was, but if it's hard to fret, then maybe it could be a tad high. It tells me to ask Rigk to lower it if I decide to save up my pennies to get one. :)

Top Bottom