Site is Launched!

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
We launched a very watered down version of the site tonight. I know it looks pretty crappy but it's a work in progress. We wanted to get the first lesson up for you guys cause we know you've all been waiting for months. We'll continue to tweak and roll out more things as time goes on so bear with us for now.

So please check out the new ukulele lesson - 'Love Song' by The Cure and thanks for jumping on the UU train at the beginning.

you've got to be jokin, the site looks great! i simply feel at home, can't wait to see the site be filled with love and life ;)

Congrats on getting the site launched. The lesson was very well done.
Kudos to the UU staff.

BTW, maybe I just can't find it but I don't see a link back to the HOME page from the forum. I had to just delete part of the URL to get to the lesson.

Last edited:
it doesn't look crappy, i think it does its job. a website should be easy to navigate and easy on the eyes without all the clutter, and i think the main site shows that. also in relation to what dom said, maybe we could have the ukulele underground logo on the top of the forums link back to the main site as opposed to the index of the forums, since people could just click "Ukulele Underground Forums" right under it where it breaks down into each section and thread.

Congrats on getting the site launched. The lesson was very well done.
Kudos to the UU staff.

BTW, maybe I just can't find it but I don't see a link back to the HOME page from the forum. I had to just delete part of the URL to get to the lesson.

I was going to say that too.

Awesome stuff though :)

Hey guys, E-Lo here.. I'm digging the new site. Congrats! However, I'm trying to watch and enjoy Aldrine's video lesson "Love Song", but the video is very choppy on my computer. Like it's only recieving very 4th frame or something from the video. I doesn't help either if I pause the video to wait for it to advance load. Still choppy. I have only found this problem to exist on one other site and that was the iamhawaii website. Any other video's I watch online from different sites load and play great. No problem watching youtube vids, etc. I'm running Windows XP home edition thru Explorer 11 browse, using a highspeed broadband connection, so I should be good to go. Any help fixing this problem would be appreciated. Again, congrats on the initial launch!! Thanks, E-lo...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-16 Season 452 Your Relaxing Music Week .jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-16 Season 452 Your Relaxing Music Week .jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1
Awesome!

Awesome site guys! Another excellent ukulele lesson Aldrine...thanks! Looking forward to more great things to come! :D

Attachments

• IMG_3048.jpg
    IMG_3048.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20201004_134623386.jpg
    IMG_20201004_134623386.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3043.jpg
    IMG_3043.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3021.jpg
    IMG_3021.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3046.jpg
    IMG_3046.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3053.jpg
    IMG_3053.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3056.jpg
    IMG_3056.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 0
Hey guys, E-Lo here.. I'm digging the new site. Congrats! However, I'm trying to watch and enjoy Aldrine's video lesson "Love Song", but the video is very choppy on my computer. Like it's only recieving very 4th frame or something from the video. I doesn't help either if I pause the video to wait for it to advance load. Still choppy. I have only found this problem to exist on one other site and that was the iamhawaii website. Any other video's I watch online from different sites load and play great. No problem watching youtube vids, etc. I'm running Windows XP home edition thru Explorer 11 browse, using a highspeed broadband connection, so I should be good to go. Any help fixing this problem would be appreciated. Again, congrats on the initial launch!! Thanks, E-lo...

Hmmm Hey E-Lo thanks for the heads up. We'll see what we can do. Can you try and watch some videos at viddler.com and see if they're all choppy of if its just ours. Thanks.

Attachments

• undefined - Imgur (3).jpg
    undefined - Imgur (3).jpg
    97 KB · Views: 4
  • undefined - Imgur (2).jpg
    undefined - Imgur (2).jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1
  • undefined - Imgur (1).jpg
    undefined - Imgur (1).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 7
"chuck norris was here! chuck norris! haha.....oh and everybody else"

haha soooo great Aldrine

Attachments

• bob's painting.jpg
    bob's painting.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 5
Hmmm Hey E-Lo thanks for the heads up. We'll see what we can do. Can you try and watch some videos at viddler.com and see if they're all choppy of if its just ours. Thanks.
Rayan, yes it's across the board for me on viddler.com.. all videos are choppy, not just Aldrine, hahaha. So I guess I need to address this issue with them and hopefully solve this problem.

Again, congrats on the launch. One addition comment, The blue text against the brown background is a bit tough to pick out. Possibly changed it to white or inlarge fonts. Thanks, e....

Say what? You guys did a great job.

:)

congrats

Brilliant! I love the first lesson. I will be spending the rest of my Sunday learning that song by the Cure. Great work Aldrine and UU staff. A 9.9 out or 10. Like mentioned before by another member (e-lo I think?), any way to make the video less choppy? If not...no worries....just trying to get you guys "polish" the Ferrari... Again, great work and I look forward to what you guys have planned.
-UKESTAR

Rayan, yes it's across the board for me on viddler.com.. all videos are choppy, not just Aldrine, hahaha. So I guess I need to address this issue with them and hopefully solve this problem.

Again, congrats on the launch. One addition comment, The blue text against the brown background is a bit tough to pick out. Possibly changed it to white or inlarge fonts. Thanks, e....

Hey E-Lo - Thanks for letting us know about that color issue, too. We found that some people using some of the older versions of Internet Explorer were having the same problem. I think if you update to the newest version of IE (or download Firefox) it should look a LOT better. Yeah, that blue on brown is pretty bad - we still don't know why it's happening, but we're working on it. In the meantime, firefox would probably be the quickest fix on your end. Thanks again for all the comments and help!

Whoa E-Lo I didn't know what you were talking about with the Blue links on Brown but I just checked it on on Internet Explorer. Wow that is broken and a major problem.

I'm usually on a mac and when I'm on a PC I use Firefox. I'll work on fixing this tonight. Thanks man I wouldn't have found that huge problem without you.

*edit* ok this should be fixed now on IE. If anyone else is experiencing these huge problems please let us know. Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom