PLEASE help me with a contest to help me work my way towards a new uke!

Dane

Reaction score
EDIT: Didn't get in the top 5 for the week, but I think now that I have a full week to do it again, I can get it. Because in just 3 days I got in 9th place! =)

Ok, I found this contest thing for one of the video game demo's that I downloaded, you have to make a video in their program, and then upload it to their facebook page. There people can vote on them and they choose a winner from the top rated videos! The weekly prize is a playstation 3, which I don't want really, but what I DO want is a new uke, so I was planning on selling the playstation 3 if I won! This would fetch me a pretty decent uke!

So if you guys could please, it's really easy, just go to this link and click vote for my video. It will say "Thanks for voting! You can vote for this entry again in 24 hours " if it doesn't, just click away from the page and hit the back button to allow the app. You can watch it if you want, it's a little silly and not for everyone I guess, but it's a LOT better than the videos that are getting the top votes. So I think with enough votes I could win! =)

http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/contests/32304/voteable_entries/4217044

It would really mean a lot to me if you could just click the link and hit vote, thanks everyone!

And hey, if you want you can add me to your facebook! I don't have any ukulele friends, how sad is that?!

Last edited:
I thought that since it was for a uke cause, that would be enough but if not.........

Uke talk:

The ukes that are currently on my wishlist (which is what I would be interested in if I were to win) are a Tenor Fluke, the ohana mahogany tenor necked soprano, and a baritone preferably something like mahogany.

I voted for your video.

Thank you very much guys, I really appreciate it. I've been trying to enter as many contests as I can lately, you never know when you might win!

oh just so you guys know, it will say "Thank you for your vote" or whatever, if you don't allow the "contests" app it wont work. I'm on page 4 now! thanks guys!

Thank you! I'm in 23rd place right now for the vote, and I don't think I'm too far away from the top 5! very cool.

voted once yesterday and once today.. good luck!

Where's the uke talk (the forum to which this is posted)?
If a mod sees a thread is out of place, they will normally move it to a more appropriate area. That being said, it's ok being here since, in the end, it's towards the purchase of a new uke.

Thanks for the votes guys! You're all awesome

Perhaps in your thread title you should have specified that you want help from Facebook users. The rest of us can't vote or even access it.

Yeah, I didn't know how to phrase the title in the first place, and I'm just so used to so many people having facebook it didnt even cross my mind. Sorry, thanks for being willing though! haha

I knew there was a reason why I avoided skateboards .... and jumping off walls... You got my vote.

You were one of the first few people to welcome me, Dane.

A vote shall be coming your way. (And any other additional ones as it will let me accordingly.)

*Edit*

On a side note, it made me laugh.

Last edited:
You were one of the first few people to welcome me, Dane.

A vote shall be coming your way. (And any other additional ones as it will let me accordingly.)

*Edit*

On a side note, it made me laugh.

hey thats cool! thanks for the votes, I'm up to 11th now! today and sunday are the last day for votes, i have no idea how many more votes I need though, sadly

Hey guys, I made it to 9th place, not bad for 3 days! They are doing the same contest again this week, for same prize, so I am going to try again since now I will have 7 days!!! If you want to vote I very much appreciate it, if not, I understand. Thanks all who tried on the first one!

Top Bottom