PDA

View Full Version : 23 mins to go!!!

mabster
05-26-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm getting excited! If i get this my gf will kill me....
o my....

seeso
05-26-2008, 09:48 AM
LOL! :D

Good luck. With the auction and your girl.

mabster
05-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Auction going very good..
Girl won't be too good.
Been a sad few days. We lost a dear friend on Thursday.. She battled cancer and won, sadly a few weeks after she got the all clear she contracted pneumonia and passed away on thursday... :(
She may not believe me but if I get this uke it will help me get through this...

mabster
05-26-2008, 10:14 AM
I won :D
One Flea Ukulele.
It shall compliment my MahaloU5O perfectly... Mind you a lice of cake would aswell or a wooden stick...

Can't wait :D
Shall keep it a secret till friday....

seeso
05-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Congratulations, Mabs. I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. My sincere condolences. Dedicate the first song you play on your new Flea to your friend. I'm sure she's listening.

deach
05-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend.

Congrats on the Flea!

UKESTAR
05-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Auction going very good..
Girl won't be too good.
Been a sad few days. We lost a dear friend on Thursday.. She battled cancer and won, sadly a few weeks after she got the all clear she contracted pneumonia and passed away on thursday... :(
She may not believe me but if I get this uke it will help me get through this...

Sorry for that. Yeh, dedicate your first strum/song to her.

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend :(

Congrats on the flea, nice ukes

Plainsong
05-26-2008, 08:32 PM
Music is the ultimate treatment for grief. Ya did good. :)

mabster
05-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Thank you for your kind replies :)

She didn't take it too well but seemed ok a whil later.. I think she was just bein supportive.

Although I don't know any songs yet I'm learning white sandy beach. Its a beautiful tune with a lovely feeling to it. That shall be her song..
I'm also dedicating a marathon I'm going to run to her. She was one o those truly amazing people thatmade this world worth living in.. Forever shall she be missed.

Anyways...
Cheers again folks.
I'll let you know how I get on with the song :)
x

mabster
05-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Just got an e-mail fae the seller to say it was despatched today. :D
Most excited! It shall be here tomorrow or thursday...
I casn certainly see it getting in the way of me completing my college work... :D

menehunenyc
12-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Please accept my condonlences. The uke is very therapeutic...I picked up the uke only after my wife was diagnosed with cancer 5 years ago...everything is good now, but it was a rough time that was eased by the ukulele. I too lost a best friend very tragically and dedicated a song to him. The uke works magic. Congrats on your flea, and good luck with White Sandy Beach...oh yea and your gf...

redsedge
12-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Grief's a strange old thing and it could be that you and your girlfriend are dealing with the same thing in very different ways. There's a Buddhist prayer which has the words 'may those weak with sorrow find joy'. Sounds like your bit of joy is flea shaped. I hope your sweetheart finds hers soon. Very best wishes from another slice of Celtic fringe here in Wales.

NatalieS
12-14-2008, 03:43 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. But I believe you when you say the uke will help. Whenever I get really stressed or upset, picking up my uke instantly lowers my blood pressure.

Enjoy your flea. :music: