Picked Up a Flea Yesterday

KevinFL

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I took the day off yesterday and my wife and I drove down to Cape Coral to pick up a Flea that I had seen on Craigslist. It's got the polycarbonate fretboard and hoop pine top. I'm not sure of the color, but it looks like pistachio green to me.

We stopped at Siesta Key Beach on the way home and I enjoyed playing my new uke with toes in the sand and sea breeze on my face. It was a very good day!

Excellent! Can't wait to take my Fluke to the Florida beaches in July

When my doggie got a flea I used "advantage".
Seriously though enjoy the new uke, the fleas and flukes are fun.

When my doggie got a flea I used "advantage".
Seriously though enjoy the new uke, the fleas and flukes are fun.

Hmmm, dog with Flea...

JoshandUkes.jpg

Definitely pistachio. Also, the dog has a lovely smile!

Great find.! I was searching for one in that color and had no luck. Where did you gind that if you don't mind me asking?

They do not make that color anymore. I played my flea on the beach last week and it was so much fun - better than I imagined.

Attachments

• fleaset..jpg
    fleaset..jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 27
Great find.! I was searching for one in that color and had no luck. Where did you gind that if you don't mind me asking?

They do not make that color anymore. I played my flea on the beach last week and it was so much fun - better than I imagined.

Thanks, folks.

I found this used on Craigslist. The guy said he bought it on vacation in Hawaii a few years ago but recently purchased a Lanakai and wasn't using the Flea anymore.

I see you're nearby. Maybe we can get a few of us from the Central Florida area together for a uke jam.

We stopped at Siesta Key Beach on the way home and I enjoyed playing my new uke with toes in the sand and sea breeze on my face. It was a very good day!

Siesta Key is my neck of the woods..I live in Sarasota. Congrats on the Flea.

Siesta Key is my neck of the woods..I live in Sarasota. Congrats on the Flea.

Sarasota was the main stop on our trip. I have a '35 Gretsch archtop guitar I took to Siesta Key Guitars to have Dave look at (it needs some neck work). I had already talked to the seller about shipping the Flea to Winter Haven, but decided it wasn't that much farther down the road to Cape Coral and it was a nice day for a ride.

Congratulations! I really want a Flea. I wish they still made that color, darn it! I can't decide what color I want. I've only seen the Natural and some Tikis in person. I'll be in Denver next week and am planning to pop into a shop that carries Fleas and Flukes (just to try to see the colors in real life... not buying anything yet, I think....).
My top color choices based on what I THINK they look like are : 1) Green (if it is nice in person); 2) Mango (orange); 3) Hibiscus Red (if it is dark and not as pink as it looks on their website), and 4) Natural.

Have fun - Flea's are sweet.
We need a Fluke/Flea photo section so colors can really be seen, not like those cheezy pics their website uses.
My new Mango Flea is rather darker in color than the web pics look.

When I was looking into the Flea's and Fluke's I had it narrowed down to either the solid mango or the pineapple print if I was buying new.

The Mango color is warm and rich looking, and you can see the grain and imperfections in the wood. I love how it looks, but the photos on FleaMarketMusic's site don't really capture it.

flea_n_fluke_2585.jpg

fluke_closeup.jpg

It's good to know that you can see grain through the finish. I saw a Hibiscus Red Flea on eBay a while back (which I SHOULD have bought with the Buy It Now... it was really cheap and GONE in half an hour! D'oh!)....anyway, it had great pictures and I could see the wood grain clearly. The website makes it look almost hot pink! Now, WE all know they are actual wood tops, but being able to see the grain helps OTHER people know it too, lol.

I have the mango Fluke, and it is lovely. Glad to see someone posted a photo that shows the actual grain and color.

Here's my Mango Flea - not a great shot. I see dust and a flash glow - it actually appears darker
fleaface.jpg

Nice photos and great thread. I think the assumption for many is that the Flea tops are some fake, flawless piece of plastic coated pine. They're not.

Can't seem to find a happy lighting for all. In these, (overcast, outside) the Mango appears
more of itself in the flash picture, while the others look better non-flash.
flukeflea004.jpg

flukeflea005.jpg

Top Bottom