Worst game ending

Anything within the last 5 years, with the exception of a few rpgs. Game developers are more concerned with their multiplayer experience, and thus are spending less time on their single player. Games that are designed for one player, i.e. rpgs, are more likely to be entertaining in the end. I could just about start naming every single game recently released and the ending or the story line would be crappy.

Sorry if I sound depressing haha!

Mortal Kombat on the Game Boy.
With Street Fighter II I was used to a little storyline being revealed for each character at the end of the game so when I got Mortal Kombat for the old monochrome GB many years ago I expected something similar. After mastering several moves and finally managing to reach the final boss stage and win I was quite excited to see what was revealed.

Black screen, white text.
"You are the Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion." Roll credits also white text on a black background. No pretty screen shots for me.
To say I felt a little short changed is an understatement. :p

I wouldn't call it the worst ending ever, but deep down inside me there's a little nine-year-old who's still angry that you can never get the Triforce at the end of "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time".

I wouldn't call it the worst ending ever, but deep down inside me there's a little nine-year-old who's still angry that you can never get the Triforce at the end of "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time".
Lol, I hear ya! ;)

It would have to be Baulder's Gate and BG 2 on the PS2. You go through all the hassle of grinding through the levels, building up your character finishing the last boss and you're left with "But it was all part of a much bigger plan."

+1. I was so bummed when that game ended. Best video game ever - the 64 rocks.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, while still an awesome game, had a bit of a dissappointing ending. Close to the end, they totally dropped the Civil War storyline and pretty much forgot about it.

Are you forgetting when you beat that game you get to experience the goron dance party? I say it's the best ending of all time.

You guys clearly never played A Boy and his Blob for the NES then....

Worst one I can think of is Two Worlds.... it just shows a rather shoddy pre-rendered FMV and just ends... with no warning! Class!

Maybe Oblivion just because you play for 100+ hours for a short boring ending. But it is anwesome game though.

Top Bottom