Neck length for concert

KINGsize8492

Reaction score
I don't know how long i need to make my neck for a concert ukulele. Any help?:confused:

Concert scale length is usually 15 in or so, so if you joined the body at the 12th fret it would be about 7.5 in to the nut plus the length of whatever headstock design you choose to use.

I don't know how long i need to make my neck for a concert ukulele. Any help?:confused:

You want a set of plans. Do a google for ukulele plans and buy one... they're cheap. the concert plans are fewer though and it"s my preferred uke. such is life.

Someone could give you the exact length of a concert neck n stuff but what about all the stuff that surrounds it? Even if you're not super serious about building this thing, a set of plans will get you a lot closer to what you're shooting for in the final product.

Last edited:
I've got the Hana Lima build book and plans and it pretty much rocks. Good Luck! And post some progress pics eh?

Well I broke out my Hana Lima tenor plan and hung it on the wall. The neck is about 15.25. The fretboard runs about 11.25. Both measurements give a little to spare, in case you'll be hunting them down while you're doin the bball thing.

Ummm... concert. Nevermind

Last edited:
I just finished a concert with an extended 16.1 inch scale. It joins the body at the 14th fret. I call it a super-concert because the body is concert size but the neck is nearly tenor length. You can see some pix here, http://iriguchiukuleles.com/?p=146
I like the concert size body (tenors feel too big and sopranos feel too small) but I like the wider fret spacing fo the tenor scale. So I made a concert body and extended the neck. For me it's just perfect.

Top Bottom