Dtring Question...

UkuLeLesReggAe

Reaction score
String***
So I opened some D'Addario Pro Arté Tenor Ukulele Strings to put on my kpk. It didn't make sense on how to put them on for some reason...

I put them on, and it wouldn't tune....

So, thickness wise, where should the strings go?

G
C
E
A

So what I'm saying is, which string is thickest, which is thinnest.. im guessing A is thinnest and C is thickes?? between G and E, which is thicker? Hopefully this makes sense.. :cool:

Last edited:
hmm... it won't go in tune though, the A string, when tuned to A, is WAY to high... I'll give it another buzz.

if its "way" too high, you might be an entire ocatve too high. try bringing it down a whole octave to the A below and see if that helps.

when i first put my pro artes on, i stretched the hell out of them and they would still detune like mad. i've had them on more than a month now and they're finally starting to stick. although, the last few weeks, i haven't tried stretching them myself, all of what i did was the first week. if you need the string order is g-j4401(e), c-j4603(g), e-j4602(b), a-j4601(e)

From thickest to thinnest:
CEGA

(unless you have low G or wound strings...)

G and A are pretty close to each other, but this ^ should be what you're looking for.

Top Bottom