My First Uke Recording

KevinFL

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I've been playing the uke for all of a week now...woohoo! I've learned a few songs with basic strum patterns and am having a blast. I come with a guitar background and was in the mood to do some recording today so I put together a rendition of Elizabeth Cotton's Freight Train and include uke in it. I think I found a strum pattern for the uke that goes well with the song...for a beginner anyway.

Here's a link to the song on Box.net...

Freight Train

Last edited:
Very well done!

Okay, I know you're new here, but now I officially HATE you!

(just kidding, of course!)

What a great job! I just wish it had been video, too. Some day, when I grow up, I wanna be able to sound that good. You, sir, have talent!

Wow! Thanks for all the kudos, I certainly appreciate it. I don't have anything to do video with. I bought a web cam thinking I could use that but it's grainy and choppy. I'll have to invest in one sometime...I really enjoy watching the videos posted to YouTube from the members on here.

Kevin, that was great! I've been googling that song all evening, and ran across your version from a few months back. It is quite well done!

Nice! I am so used to hearing the banjo version it was nice to hear the words. Great job.

Top Bottom