PDA

View Full Version : My First Uke Recording

KevinV
04-25-2010, 08:41 AM
I've been playing the uke for all of a week now...woohoo! I've learned a few songs with basic strum patterns and am having a blast. I come with a guitar background and was in the mood to do some recording today so I put together a rendition of Elizabeth Cotton's Freight Train and include uke in it. I think I found a strum pattern for the uke that goes well with the song...for a beginner anyway.

Here's a link to the song on Box.net...

Freight Train (http://www.box.net/shared/3imvbxjk7v)

Playscool39
04-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Nicely done, that was a great first recording. Can't wait to hear more, like your singing too:nana:

uke552
04-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Very well done!

mailman
04-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Okay, I know you're new here, but now I officially HATE you!

(just kidding, of course!)

What a great job! I just wish it had been video, too. Some day, when I grow up, I wanna be able to sound that good. You, sir, have talent!

KevinV
04-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Wow! Thanks for all the kudos, I certainly appreciate it. I don't have anything to do video with. I bought a web cam thinking I could use that but it's grainy and choppy. I'll have to invest in one sometime...I really enjoy watching the videos posted to YouTube from the members on here.

chindog
08-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Kevin, that was great! I've been googling that song all evening, and ran across your version from a few months back. It is quite well done!

rem50
08-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Nice! I am so used to hearing the banjo version it was nice to hear the words. Great job.