PDA

View Full Version : If I put an ad on an Ukulele player dating site I would say...

eleuke
04-26-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm thinking of creating an Ukulele player dating site.

If I put up the first ad it would say something like this:

Single male seeking ukulele playing female who thinks monogamy rocks, who likes jazz, particle physics, astronomy, big breakfasts, small dinners, beer and Hawaii...

Whatdya think?

I think I'll call it ukulelelove.com. (Probably taken already but I could come up with something)

Ukulele player dating site? Anyone?

Dane
04-26-2010, 08:58 PM
You should call it uku-love (ooh koo love) haha

I wonder how many uku-females my age are in my area....

heyjude
04-27-2010, 03:15 AM
Oops, I misread the topic heading. I thought it said Ukulele Dating Site, a place where you could research vintage ukes. OK, let's try again, it's going to be a place where we can research vintage ukulele players. Like myself.:)

Jude

Skrik
04-27-2010, 03:57 AM
Need to stipulate the wearing of glasses.

hoosierhiver
04-27-2010, 04:00 AM
or Luv-ulele

HaileISela
04-27-2010, 04:09 AM
Oops, I misread the topic heading. I thought it said Ukulele Dating Site, a place where you could research vintage ukes. OK, let's try again, it's going to be a place where we can research vintage ukulele players. Like myself.:)

Jude

oh sweet!

I forgot how much fun it is to just wander this forum reading random threads^^

salukulady
04-27-2010, 04:22 AM
You should call it uku-love (ooh koo love) haha

The word uku translates to nit or bug....

Skrik
04-27-2010, 05:04 AM

Your point being?
</cynicism>

SailingUke
04-27-2010, 05:37 AM
I would strongly consider joining. If I could find a ukulele playing partner it would be the greatest.
I keep meeting women who won't even consider going to a jam just to listen.

Hint: any nice 50-60 year old ladies interested in a player (ukulele that is), drop an pm and we can talk about the details.

dkcrown
04-27-2010, 05:38 AM
Single ukulele playing male searching for a relationship with ukulele playing female. Only one requirement. Must understand and be sympathetic too severe bouts of UAS.

UkeyLove
04-27-2010, 06:40 AM
I'm thinking of creating an Ukulele player dating site....

Great idea for the singles out there. In London we have this (http://www.myspace.com/ukegottobekidding) which has lead to amorous adventures. Well actually there are a couple of couples who meet at the jam session. But I would have though there were loads of Uke Girls in Hawaii???

I think I'll call it ukulelelove.com. (Probably taken already but I could come up with something)

Apart from us (http://ukeylove.com) there is also this myspace.com/ukulelelove (http://www.myspace.com/ukulelelove) that I found the other day and Ukulelelove.com is taken... :(

ukuleledate(s).com are free

But I think Uke Girls are the greatest, loads of fun. Good luck with it dude.

Tudorp
04-27-2010, 06:44 AM
Cool idea, but Im not so sure how it would work have a Uke playing wife. Where is the charm? My wife thinks I am charming playing the uke, and loves sitting there just listening to me play it. If she also played Uke, it wouldn't be that big of a deal for her? hahha.. And how are ya gonna charm, and/or impress a mate, or potencial mate when they also play, and may even play better than you? hahhah.. I have enough problems because I am teaching my wife to play the banjo because she always wanted to learn to play one. We already compete in the same room for acustics, lol.. She is practicing on my Banjo, and I am trying to play something completely different on my Uke... We end up stepping on each other. I am working on teaching her "dualing banjos" so I can play it with her and have the Uke, vs, the Banjo.. It is fun, don't get me wrong, this reply is in Jest, but still.. where would the Magic be if you both played? and shared that, instead of playing "to" her? Know what I mean Vern?

SailQwest
04-27-2010, 07:21 AM
where would the Magic be if you both played? and shared that, instead of playing "to" her? Know what I mean Vern?

My husband and I both play, and I am charmed when he plays for me (although I am a better player). And he also finds it charming when I play for him.

But the true magic is when we play together. There's nothing like it when you're playing together and you hit the groove and everything falls into place. (At least nothing like it that you can do with clothes on. ;) )

bunnyflower
04-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Ooh, if two people in a relationship have UAS... could this lead to bankruptcy?

:D

Though, I think this is an adorable idea!

MoreUke
04-27-2010, 08:05 AM

That was my first thought also....

tuscadero
04-27-2010, 08:29 AM
SailQwest, I think you lead a charmed life, girl. Someday... someday...

alicecat
04-27-2010, 09:42 AM
I think it's a great idea even though I am already married. I find that makes much more sense to go to random dating website where you need to fish out one out of so many choices.

Having a common hobby is a great way to start a relationship. My husband and I are both into history, backpacking and cats. (Well apparently he didn't get much chicks back then when he told his dates he loves cats, but that worked on me!)

Though I would love love love that he plays ukulele too, it would be great to have one more hobby in common. (Look at how many older couples start going tea dancing...)

sukie
04-27-2010, 10:06 AM
That was my first thought also....

I'm with ya on this.

luke'nlele
04-27-2010, 10:48 AM
We both play and we've been trying to teach some of our friends and relatives, too! The more the merrier! Anything to spread the ukulele love!

phanzo
04-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Only one requirement. Must understand and be sympathetic too severe bouts of UAS.
The most important requirement of all, HANDS DOWN. I would have a couple real nice ukes in my collection if my girlfriend followed this requirement :D

ukecantdothat
04-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Hey, why the hell not? At least you'd be starting off with something special in common. You could just end up with a match made in Ukulele Heaven! Plus, if you hit it off with a fellow uker, you have instant access to the other's collection. Just make sure you get a pre-nup in community property states if it gets that far... "Wait a minute. The Moore Bettah stays with me y' bastard!" Could get ugly.

thejumpingflea
04-27-2010, 12:51 PM
My Moore Bettah IS my soulmate.

Is that unhealthy?

Ukuleleblues
04-27-2010, 01:26 PM
A ukulele playing female friend of ours was telling us about a guy she dated (once) that that first thing out of his mouth once he walked in the door and saw her collection of ukes was how much he hated the ukulele. She alse explained what she deicided at that instant would not happen that night. What a dumbo!

ashleychantel
04-27-2010, 06:04 PM
I would love it if my boyfriend could play uke! he doesn't play any instruments and doesn't show much interest in listening to me play either.. it's weird because he's all into my other hobbies and supporting me, but just not into listening to me play music.. which is my favorite thing to do! not cool.

ukecantdothat
04-27-2010, 07:13 PM
A ukulele playing female friend of ours was telling us about a guy she dated (once) that that first thing out of his mouth once he walked in the door and saw her collection of ukes was how much he hated the ukulele. She alse explained what she deicided at that instant would not happen that night. What a dumbo!

I'm gonna guess what did happen was that this dope spent the rest of that night picking mahogany splinters outta his forehead, all the while thinking, "Note to self: Ukes are cool... ukes are cool... ukes are cool..."

sehamilton
04-27-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm thinking of creating an Ukulele player dating site.

If I put up the first ad it would say something like this:

Single male seeking ukulele playing female who thinks monogamy rocks, who likes jazz, particle physics, astronomy, big breakfasts, small dinners, beer and Hawaii...

Whatdya think?

Ukulele player dating site? Anyone?

uh, to this i would probably say: "uke player AND particle physics AND big breakfasts? *gush*"

hahahaha this is a pretty cool idea. agreed with the whole, good-to-have-a-common-interest posts that have also been going around.

-sarah

HaileISela
04-27-2010, 11:41 PM
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9720/tumblrku057aourj1qzyrwvt.jpg

Skrik
04-28-2010, 03:40 AM
I would love it if my boyfriend could play uke! he doesn't play any instruments and doesn't show much interest in listening to me play either.. it's weird because he's all into my other hobbies and supporting me, but just not into listening to me play music.. which is my favorite thing to do! not cool.

How you doin'?

cornfedgroove
04-28-2010, 03:54 AM

yeah, the looooove bug

tuscadero
04-28-2010, 07:14 AM
1970s concert seeks tenor, preferably low-G, for fireside sing-alongs and breakfast serenades. Disclaimer: comes with a 14 year old sopranino, and can be strung a bit tight, but nothing that a little strumming won't resolve.

SailingUke
04-28-2010, 07:28 AM
1970s concert seeks tenor, preferably low-G, for fireside sing-alongs and breakfast serenades. Disclaimer: comes with a 14 year old sopranino, and can be strung a bit tight, but nothing that a little strumming won't resolve.

oh, if I were only younger !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skrik
04-28-2010, 08:10 AM

I have a 14 year-old, too. (And a 16 year-old, and a 12 year-old.)

How you doin'?

(Come on, girls -- I'm easy!)

kiddfixit
04-28-2010, 08:52 AM
"Ukulele Player tired of playing alone. Looking for short or long term partner to jam with. Feel free to bring a friend. Or three...I'm not picky. Let's make some sweet ukulele music together. Call me!"

brickerenator
04-28-2010, 10:42 AM
20 year old concert seeking a young, bright soprano looking to do some heavy strumming.....teehee

ukulelegal
04-28-2010, 10:54 AM
SUF seeks SUM...must love g strings... :)

I can't believe I just posted that....

heyjude
04-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Yep, this thread should definitely should be about dating vintage ukes.

Jude

ukulelegal
04-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Yep, this thread should definitely should be about dating vintage ukes.

Jude

lol... it's all the preceeding posters faults... I don't usually post anything that tacky but I just couldn't help myself!!!!

omnistegan
04-28-2010, 01:04 PM

:D

Though, I think this is an adorable idea!

I would rather be bankrupt of money than of Ukes.

tuscadero
04-28-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm sorry, I feel responsible for the turn this thread has taken ;)