New uke-first acquisition in a year

tuscadero

Reaction score
I haven't been on the site much lately, I've been working a ton. Still, a new uke needs announcing, and quite honestly, my non-ukulele playing friends don't really see the point. (Another one? Don't you already have like 5 or 6 of them?) But you, you understand, don't you?

Last week I pulled the trigger on a Big Island Ukulele Deluxe Honu Concert. I live near the Music Emporium in Lexington, MA. They have most of the big K brands as well as Pono and Fleas and Flukes, etc. I was saving towards something solid and koa and pretty. I tried them all and the Honu really spoke to me. There's not a lot on the forums about them, but they're really quite beautiful.

My only problem so far is that I have this sweet, lovely instrument, but I'm still just a banger and strummer. I think it's time to take some lessons to justify the expense :rolleyes:

Every now and then when MGM has a Honu soprano with rope binding, my mouse-finger starts to twitch. I've never heard or played or even seen one in person. But it's good to know you like yours. You know. Just in case.

Congratulations, now play that uke! And pictures?

My only problem so far is that I have this sweet, lovely instrument, but I'm still just a banger and strummer. I think it's time to take some lessons to justify the expense :rolleyes:

When I started aquiring my expensive ukes I was a strummer as well. The good ukes have motivated me into improvement. The last year I have worked/practiced hard and really made some significant progress.
I try to play everyday and I enjoy it more. I also started teaching beginners and it has helped me understand the basics as well. I have even studied more theory and now I find I understand the why along with the how.
IMHO, if you play, you deserve the best (and most) instrument(s) you can afford. When people ask me why I have so many ukes, I just ask them how many pairs of shoes they have. Of course my 10 ukes go with my 12 guitars.

I haven't been on the site much lately, I've been working a ton. Still, a new uke needs announcing, and quite honestly, my non-ukulele playing friends don't really see the point. (Another one? Don't you already have like 5 or 6 of them?) But you, you understand, don't you?

Last week I pulled the trigger on a Big Island Ukulele Deluxe Honu Concert. I live near the Music Emporium in Lexington, MA. They have most of the big K brands as well as Pono and Fleas and Flukes, etc. I was saving towards something solid and koa and pretty. I tried them all and the Honu really spoke to me. There's not a lot on the forums about them, but they're really quite beautiful.

Oh, my.... They've invented the perfect woman! ;)

Congrats on the new uke! Those Honus are lovely.

Nice! I've never heard a single bad thing about Big Island's ukes - they're sure purty!

I stopped by the Emporium for the first time during a September visit to Boston. More nice ukes in stock than any place else I've visited. I remember the Honus well.

Top Bottom