Wine Country 'Ukulele Festival Poster Contest

Elainede

Reaction score
Back by popular demand: the Wine Country Ukulele Festival Poster Contest.
For-web 2..jpg
We are, once again, looking for something colorful and classy that will convey all the fun and excitement that is coming our way this September.

This year’s prize (with many, many thanks to Rogie Cadiente and Sonny D Ukuleles) is a Sonny “D” Ohta-san Bell-shape concert ‘ukulele handmade in Hawai’i by Sonny Dahlin–’ukulele builder for the stars. The sound board is Alaskan yellow cedar with blond koa back and sides. It has an ebony fretboard with 14 exposed frets (19 total), a neck of African mahogany, and koa crown. The tuners are made by Schaller–silver with pearloid buttons. The rosette is olivewood and the bindings are maple. It is beautifully balanced and has fret markers on the top of the fretboard and down the side, so you can see them while you’re playing.
Sonny D Ukulele..jpg
OK. So here are the specifications and “rules” for this year’s contest.

• The printed poster size will be 11” X 17” so your artwork should fit within those dimensions
  • We’d like the poster to somehow incorporate our little tiki logo, though it does not have to be prominent. (See last year's poster)
  • Text should include: “Third Annual,” “Wine Country ‘Ukulele Festival,” “September 11 – 12, 2010,” “St. Helena, CA”
  • Ideally there will be “blank” areas on the poster to add additional text (i.e. locations, artists names, sponsors, etc.)
  • Keep in mind that we may be looking for an element that we can imprint on the wine glasses we use at the Flora Springs luau on Saturday night. (Last year we used the tiki)
  • Deadline is midnight, May 21, 2010
  • Artwork should be submitted to winecountryukefest@yahoo.com initially as a PDF or jpeg. The winning entry will need to be sent as a PhotoShop or Illustrator file.
  • You may submit as many entries as you like
  • Winner will be announced at www.winecountryukefest.com by May 30.
That’s it. Give it your best shot. Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

http://winecountryukefest.com/contest-contest-contest/

oops!

OK. So here are the specifications and “rules” for this year’s contest.

• The printed poster size will be 11” X 17” so your artwork should fit within those dimensions
  • We’d like the poster to somehow incorporate our little tiki logo, though it does not have to be prominent. (See last year's poster)
  • Text should include: “Third Annual,” “Wine Country ‘Ukulele Festival,” “September 11 – 12, 2010,” “St. Helena, CA”
  • Ideally there will be “blank” areas on the poster to add additional text (i.e. locations, artists names, sponsors, etc.)
  • Keep in mind that we may be looking for an element that we can imprint on the wine glasses we use at the Flora Springs luau on Saturday night. (Last year we used the tiki)
  • Deadline is midnight, May 21, 2010
  • Artwork should be submitted to winecountryukefest@yahoo.com initially as a PDF or jpeg. The winning entry will need to be sent as a PhotoShop or Illustrator file.
  • You may submit as many entries as you like
  • Winner will be announced at www.winecountryukefest.com by May 30.
That’s it. Give it your best shot. Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

http://winecountryukefest.com/contest-contest-contest/

Sorry, for the inconvenience, but I need to add another rule. The poster also needs to include the web address for the festival: www.winecountryukefest.com. We'll still consider those entries that come in without it, but we will need to add it later. Thanks so much to those who have already submitted entries.

Good luck!

We’d like the poster to somehow incorporate our little tiki logo, though it does not have to be prominent.
Is there a way to get the tiki logo digitally? That way I can incorporate it.

it's may 30 for about 2 more minutes here. i bet y'all meant may 30 california time. argh. i've got to go to sleep! looking forward to the results!!

hey, i'm curious! any other uu members enter this contest? it really helped me gain some great photoshop experience!

:shaka:

maybe next year let people on here help you with the voting process so that it won't take you so long past your date to decide.

and maybe change the "We’d like the poster to somehow incorporate our little tiki logo, though it does not have to be prominent. (See last year's poster)" part.

hey, i'm curious! any other uu members enter this contest? it really helped me gain some great photoshop experience!
I meant to, but I never got an answer to my question... and then I forgot and moved on... sad day for forgetting.

Top Bottom