Tried out a U bass...

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
I'm in Denver and tried out a Kala U bass today. Pretty cool, but WAY different! This is going to be short post because I'm typing this on an iPad at the Apple store! Also pretty cool but WAY different!

I'm in Denver and tried out a Kala U bass today. Pretty cool, but WAY different! This is going to be short post because I'm typing this on an iPad at the Apple store! Also pretty cool but WAY different!

haha awesome post...

havent tried a u-bass, but the iPad is certainly "different." My dad has one. I'll have to hop on UU when I go out to his house to check it out!!

i recently played a u bass two it was lovely i would trade my p bass for one in a second but the once thing i thought was very odd was the very very low tension strings...

I have a fretless U Bass and I love it. I've been playing bass for almost 20 years now and have to admit that the U Bass is WAY different from a regular bass, even from an acoustic bass. Nonetheless, it gives me a different approach to my bass playing and because of that, it widens my musical horizon. UkuleleBass FTW!

Back home now and on my regular computer... Yes, Sebi, I can see where the U Bass would give you a whole different palette to work with, tonally and stylistically. Unfortunately I only got to spend about 10 or 15 minutes with it. It would be interesting to actually play one. I was wondering if they feedback at high volume. Have you ever used one onstage? I have an Ampeg SVT3 head and usually a 4x10 cabinet. The entire bass sound for stage and room pretty much comes from my cabinet, since I can't seem to get any of my bands interested in actually mic'ing or DI'ing anything.... *sigh*.

Top Bottom