Heel Cap doesn't line up with the book matched seam in back?

molinee

Reaction score
Within the last few months I picked up a Ohana Willow Tenor and a Lanikai LSM-T and noticed on the back that the seam and the heel cap don't match up. One ukulele is approx 1/8" off center and the other is slightly more. Is this just an esthetic problem or could it be more of a serious problem. I haven't noticed this on any of my other mid-low priced production runs. Is this conditioned considered to be a crooked neck? Just wondering, as my eyes are drawn to it every time... :)

Some times that's the way it is. As long as it plays accurately, you're OK.
That would drive me to distraction also. I have seen a LOT of ukuleles
that have the neck set on a little off center.

Within the last few months I picked up a Ohana Willow Tenor and a Lanikai LSM-T and noticed on the back that the seam and the heel cap don't match up. One ukulele is approx 1/8" off center and the other is slightly more. Is this just an esthetic problem or could it be more of a serious problem. I haven't noticed this on any of my other mid-low priced production runs. Is this conditioned considered to be a crooked neck? Just wondering, as my eyes are drawn to it every time... :)
Just took a look at my Ohana. You must be talking about where the bottom binding meets (butt joint) near the heel cap or base of the heel.
It's not a problem. It's just where the binding ended up. Purely cosmetic.
Fred

Top Bottom