Posting luthier items

thistle3585

Reaction score
Where is the most appropriate place, if any, that I could post luthier specific items for sale on the UU forum? I wasn't sure if the classifieds was limited to instruments only and wasn't sure if the luthiers section would be appropriate.

Andrew

Dunno the rules and I'm an anarchist anyway, so I'll bite... whatcha got?

Well, I am cleaning out my shop as I am moving it and I have a bunch of wood, tools, some molds, benders and other stuff that I don't want to move into my new shop because they're just going to take up room and not be used. I think I'll just make a list and stick it on my site and direct people there.

Where is the most appropriate place, if any, that I could post luthier specific items for sale on the UU forum? I wasn't sure if the classifieds was limited to instruments only and wasn't sure if the luthiers section would be appropriate.

Andrew
A very definite interest here Andrew. Look forward to the list.

Sorry, Andrew, it was a busy day. Too busy...

Anyway, I guess shipping from the U.S. would rule us out as buyers, although... If I saw pics I don't know if I could resist. Do post a note when the pics are up.

Erich,
Actually, I'm not looking to make a profit as much as to move stuff along to a new life. For example, I have the mold and bending setup I used to make my first six sopranos. There isn't anything wrong with them but I have a better setup now. I'd like to see someone take them that would actually use them and not take them just to collect dust. Then after a couple builds maybe they'd pass them along to someone else. So, postage overseas may be the only expense involved.

Several people have emailed me, so here is my website address but I haven't posted anything yet. I'll probably do it this weekend and post something here alerting you. Thanks for your interest.

www.crossroadswood.com

Andrew

Checked your site, nice site but no tools for sale yet. I'll keep an eye on it. I build all my jigs cause I'm cheap like that but I wouldn't mind collecting items from different builders. Keep us posted.

BTW, excellent work. I love the Les Paul, SG and ibanez influence you seem to have there.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd post a notice that I started listing items on ebay starting at $1.00. I just want this stuff to go to someone that will use it because I most likely will not. I've started with some small stuff first and will be posting a half dozen or so items a week. I have a bunch of wood which includes mahogany, walnut, maple and some adirondack spruce tops that I will be posting in the next two weeks. Some have already been joined and thickness sanded while others are still in the rough. The tools and high dollar items wont be listed for some time.

My ebay id is xroadswood. If these items go for any serious money then I'll donate some of the profits to some not for profit music organizations and websites.

Thanks for letting me post this.

Andrew

Top Bottom