New Uke!

Skitzic

Reaction score
I got my Fluke! It is the AWESOME!

fluke.jpg

The only thing that irks me a bit are the strings. I bought it off an eBay dealer (super cheap too, 190 shipped for a tenor. WOO!) and the ad said it would come with Aquila strings. This was not the case. When I asked them, they said it was a mistake in the listing but they would send me a set when they get a shipment in (yeah, sure). It's ok though, I want to try Blackline low G anyway.

I only have wound strings on me so it will just have to wait. Ah well. I plan to take it with me to Iowa on Sunday.

Anyway, that is all.

Super cool! Love the color. Mine is lava and needs some decoration.

It's always fun to 'break-in' a 'new' ukulele.

Have a great time!

Looks nice. I thought that if you got the plastic fretboard that the bridge was plastic too. Is that not true, or did you pay to upgrade the bridge?

Looks nice. I thought that if you got the plastic fretboard that the bridge was plastic too. Is that not true, or did you pay to upgrade the bridge?

I think that is the plastic bridge. It has some faux wood texture to it, and the light is reflecting on it which makes it look real. Is that the hibiscus red, or the mango? My mango tenor Fluke doesn't look that dark, but the lighting always makes the color look different.

No, it's not purple metal flake...but someday! I almost had a purple metal flake Fluke. I was about to buy the blank top and a friend of mine was going to help me airbrush it, but he decided to move in with his internet girlfriend and took his airbrush over-seas...JERK! He couldn't even wait a month...BLAH!

Someday, someday...

It is the plastic bridge. The bridge and the fretboard has some texture to it.

And it is hibiscus. I found red abalone inlay stickers that I think would look sweet on the fretboard.

I don't hate the friction tuners. They're different, but I don't hate them. I was a tad concerned about them, and when I got it and the screws were so tight I couldn't move them I had a moment of OMG I MESSED UP...but I loosened the screws, tuned it up and am happy as a clam. When I come back I'll order up some strings and be content with life.

Yep, I had to loosen my screws too. They hold the tune very well. I just got some Kala reds to try on my mango Fluke. I'll post pictures.

Lovely new uke. Have a great trip to Iowa. Should be pretty right now. You'll get used to friction tuners and come to love them.

Enjoy!
I wonder sometimes if I'm the only person not unhappy with the black strings that come with Fleas/Flukes.
I just changed mine out last night for the first time, I was switching around strings between different ukes. Not used to the open headstock bit when changing strings but did fine.
I'm glad you're personalizing it. I think solid color Fleas and Flukes are just begging to be adorned.

The stock strings are okay fine. I just like the sound and feel of Aquilla's better. Want to try Worth browns also.

I love Blacklines on my Flea. Much better than the stock Hilos...

Great uke, and hey! It comes with it's own built in stand!
Cheers,
Skottoman

I found some Aquilas that were brand new when I took them off (had to fix some wires and they shrunk...blah) and it sounds a billion times better already. Although I think I strung it up wrong...the A string rubs against the headstock as I try to tune it and it makes a real annoying squeal.

Top Bottom