Bought my EleUke today!!

arashi_nero

Reaction score
I seriously concidered buying the blue monster from my local store, but Mim made me such a great deal that I couldn't refuse. I talked to her on the phone a couple times, too. She's great and very easy to work with. Now, I just have to wait for this sucka to come!!

Anyway, I bought a solid rosewood Cutaway Jazz concert. I love the wood color. As long as it plays like the one in the store, I know I'm going to love it! The uke does have a little damage, but she told me about it in advance, sent pics, made sure everything worked and more than adjusted the price accordingly.

So, if any of you want an EleUke, buy from Mim. She says to call for the best deal!!

Here's a couple pics that she sent to me so y'all can drool over what I bought.

Attachments

• Eleuke_Back..jpg
    Eleuke_Back..jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Eleuke_Front_2..jpg
    Eleuke_Front_2..jpg
    86 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
i'm definitely going to enjoy it. i enjoyed the one in the shop. can't wait to get this sucker and plug in my headphones and learn new songs without bothering anyone.

can't wait to get this sucker and plug in my headphones and learn new songs without bothering anyone.
That's what makes me want one. So I can get shred-a-licious in the middle of the night while the girlfriend sleeps in the next room :D Let us know how you like it. I love Mim, too, she's awesome. I would certainly get mine from her, no doubt about it!

i played another one a week ago and absolutely loved it. that's why i caught the uas bug so bad. this one is supposedly a "better" model, so i'm sure it'll be at least as good. and i know i'll love it that much more because it's MINE lol.

And I love you guys too!!!

So... funny... sorta... story about this uke!

I do like to give people good prices, but this one I... gulp... dropped! Long story, but it was like slow-mo and I caught it just as it was reaching the floor, so it basically tapped the floor, not hit the floor, and has a barely noticable hairline crack on the underside and no other damage to it. (You can see it a little in the 2nd picture)! I am just a clutsy knucklehead sometimes. So it was on "sale".

But that is not the sorta funny story!

So, I get to the shop and prep it to be sent out. Loosen the strings, wipe it down, pack it up. But for some reason some of the model came in a bigger box than others. So for shipping I decided to swap it with another of the same Uke. I put them both out on the table, take the one out of the bigger box and replace it with the cracked uke... or so I thought. I tape the box up REALLY tight, go to the ship-n-link (only 2 doors down) and get it labeled and ready to ship. I get back to the shop and am helping customers and luckily I had the thought, "Man, that spot in the wall looks empty without the uke there. Let me get the other one out and put it in it's place". I unzip it's gig-bag and there is a polishing cloth sitting on top of it (It is always the last thing I do before my shipments, and I leave it in there) and my heart sinks! CRAP! I sent him the WRONG UKE!!! It was the same Uke, just without the crack and without the strap he got with it! And if it was gone I would just have to cut my losses. So I run and luckily UPS had not come yet and I had time to swap it out without disturbing the shipping label.

I bet the people in the gym next door was wondering why I was running back and forth with a box tucked under my arm.

I guess I should not confess this because now Jason knows he was about a half hour away from UPS sending him a non-cracked Uke for the price of a cracked one.

But I seriously can be such a knucklehead! The whole situation is "totally me". I would be the one to take one out of the box, turn around and put it right back in, instead of replacing it. :p

Last edited:
:rofl: haha, you're right; that was a funny story!! i would have been scared when i received it though and you better believe i would have been calling you right away. knowing me, i'd be like, "crap, she sent me the wrong uke!" haha.

so, the uke has a polish rag in the case? BONUS!!

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! the wait is killing me!!! i don't know if i can handle two more days. hopefully my wife will let me play it, too. we're doing a yard sale on saturday morning, so we'll probably be getting ready for that from the time i get home from work till way in the a.m. maybe i'll have to go without sleep ;). i've got to say, though, UPS is ssssssssllllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwwwww. mim did a great job getting the uke out. i just don't see why it takes ups 6 business days to get from NC to utah when it take 3-4 from just about anywhere else. i've been watching the tracking and there was no tracking updates from friday until tuesday. i thought ups had lost my uke!! it's funny, i've never been this impatient about receiving something, ever!!

maybe ups will be nice and deliver my uke a day early. i'm crossing my fingers, but i won't hold my breath.

Ah... the EleUke. I bought a Kanile'a to cure the UAS, and it did... till I realized I needed a beater. So, I bought a Flea to cure the UAS, and it did... till I realized I needed a quiet practice instrument.

"sighs"

Well maby 1 more will do it.

You should play for people outside to get them to come to the yard sale ;)

I think I am going to try the US postal service next time. They seem to be a heck of a lot quicker. It seems like UPS gets caught up in "making" it take that long in hopes people will upgrade. The postal service just gets it to ya! Sorry you were my ginea pig :)!
It will be here before you know it!

Waterguy said:
Ah... the EleUke. I bought a Kanile'a to cure the UAS, and it did... till I realized I needed a beater. So, I bought a Flea to cure the UAS, and it did... till I realized I needed a quiet practice instrument.

"sighs"

Well maby 1 more will do it.

haha. uas at its best! if you can get an eleuke, i highly recommend it. and i recommend you get it from mim (totally great to work with and she gives awesome prices). i think i still have uas, but that could be because i haven't got the eleuke yet (i've been going to the music store to play theirs to calm me till i get mine). kanile'a :drool: personally, i don't think the uas will ever go away. i'm looking at a hawaiian friends pics on facebook right now and he has an insanely beautiful uke in one pic. now i know why he has the lanikai in utah lol. it has me wanting a good solid acoustic uke now, too. but that'll have to wait.

Mim said:
You should play for people outside to get them to come to the yard sale

I think I am going to try the US postal service next time. They seem to be a heck of a lot quicker. It seems like UPS gets caught up in "making" it take that long in hopes people will upgrade. The postal service just gets it to ya! Sorry you were my ginea pig !
It will be here before you know it!

haha, i'm used to being a ginea pig. i'm the oldest, so everything was tested on me first. personally, i don't have a problem with ups, but i do think they're getting slower (and raising their prices too much lately). we use them for work and we all have ups maps at our desks. supposedly ups should deliver anywhere in the continental US in 3-5 business days, but on the map, they have a 6 day area from utah. but that's like alaska and maine. we use them to ship to canada too and it usually only takes 7 days. usps, fedex, or dhl is usually faster.

as for playing at the yard sale, i'm all over that!! i actually thought about that after i posted my last post haha. i think after i pull out the eleuke, i'm going to have a hard time putting it down!! thanks for being awesome, mim!!

Enjoy them all! Hey, no one ever said "A yard sale is forever..." but it might seem that way...play at that the yard sale!!!

so, after 3 days of no updates from ups on the tracking of my uke, finally there's updates and it looks like my eleuke will be delivered TODAY!!! hopefully my wife is home when they try to deliver, because i doubt they'll leave that on the doorstep of my apartment. but you never know. after i get it, i'll take some pics and post 'em!

and yes, i'll be jammin at the yard sale!

i just saw on the tracking that my eleuke was delivered!!! now the rest of my work day is going to suck because i can't go home to play it :mad:

6 1/2 more hours to endure :(

so, i made it through work *barely* and i got home to play with my new uke. it's AWESOME!!! it looks good and sounds good with headphones. my wife and son really like it, too! my uncle is going to let me borrow one of his guitar amps just so i have one of those, too. i doubt i'll play with the amp too much, tho. i'll post some pics later. got to go get ready for the yard sale tomorrow :'(

so, i made it through work *barely* and i got home to play with my new uke. it's AWESOME!!! it looks good and sounds good with headphones. my wife and son really like it, too!
Huzzah! Glad you like it. Your Uncle seems to have some toys... you should run that Eleuke through some pedals every once in a while to get some different sounds. Have fun!

i already love it. i was using the mp3 input last night to run from my computer to my uke and then from the uke to my ears by headphone so i could learn a couple songs from the ukulele lessons here on uu.

i took my uke over to my uncles house on saturday night and he noodled around with it and seriously loves my uke. i think he may eventually buy one. he did let me borrow one of his amps he's not using. it's a small ibanez amp; i doubt i'll use it much, but it does have a distortion button, so that's been lots of fun. one of these days, i'll have to throw it through his pedal board to one of his tube amps.

i really like this instrument. it looks a lot better than it did in the pictures. it's now become my carry around uke because i can play it at work and no one is bothered by my playing. the bag is really convenient, too. oh, pauljmuk, my eleuke was already strung with aquilas. i guess all the eleukes in the states come with aquilas now. seems to becoming a standard in the states for all ukes. i hardly see any new ukes without aquilas anymore.

anyway, below is a few pics.

edit: i forgot to mention that you actually cannot really see the crack. the pics mim sent to me made it look a lot worse than it actually was. definitely a great instrument and a great deal!!

Attachments

• 0510002345..jpg
    0510002345..jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 0510002341a..jpg
    0510002341a..jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 0510002336..jpg
    0510002336..jpg
    98 KB · Views: 6
  • 0510002341..jpg
    0510002341..jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 0510002340..jpg
    0510002340..jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Whilst I don't think aquilas work on EVERY uke, if that is true that aquilas becoming standard, that is good news. Never did understand why makers of decent instruments let themselves down by stringing them with cheap slippy nylon. First impressions and all that....

Top Bottom