Mainlands???

mangorockfish

Reaction score
What has happened to all the hoopla about Mainlands? Noone has posted anything about Mainlands in a while. Are they passe' now or what??

In almost every thread that asks for uke recs, mainland gets suggested.

What has happened to all the hoopla about Mainlands? Noone has posted anything about Mainlands in a while. Are they passe' now or what??
It is just the fad has died down a little.2 years ago it was all about pono then kala then mainland. What is next? I am going to predict kamoa.

Just got my Mainland a few weeks ago, and I am still in love!

Interestingly, when I went to a Portland uke event (with somewhere around 40 people there), I was the only one with a Mainland! Lots of Flukes/Fleas, Ponos, Kalas and Lanikais. Saw only one KoAloha. Maybe a few Martins. Seems like the Mainland craze hasn't hit here yet.

How many times can one answer the same question,"What uke should I buy?", with the same answer,"Get a Mainland!" ?

Exactly. I got kinda tired of writing it. And I love my Kala so much that I now suggest both, although I still think Mainland is better quality.

And I agree with PortlandJosh, I went to a uke meetup here in Phoenix and all of them had Kalas except one Kamaka and one G-string. They're a bunch of older folks but that is neither here nor there. I talked about my Mainlands and they didnt know what I was talking about. They obviously dont havng out here. Schmucks. :D

Still love my Mainland concert.

John Colter

When the Mainland banjolele hits, you'll be hearing plenty I bet.

Here in the South East only me, you Captain, and Hu have them. I do love my one remaining mainland and I hated letting my other one go but i can only play one uke at a time. They are good ukuleles. The cedar top ones are mainlands best IMO.

Ya know,

Most of the Mainland's have been out of stock for a while, so I am sure the has an effect. Your not going having anyone saying, "I just got a Mainland!" when there aren't so many for sale.

The "Plane-Jane's" are coming soon with slotted headstock and I don't think they will be all that plain. I am debating on getting a Mainland Concert to have in my classroom and fro travel. I have the Tenor, but I seem to be a concert guy.

Mainland's are beyond a good deal, you have to pay close to triple to get a "better" instrument. Even then it may just boil down to a matter of taste.

Top Bottom