Ukulele players of the Philippines ! A question ?

mikadaviddd

Reaction score
Aloha ! Do you guys know anyone or anything that offers ukulele lessons here? My dad wants me to take my ukulele like Jake serious :eek:. I sorta do too, i mean i fell in love with the instrument.

So know any? If there really aren't any ways , I'll give online tutorials a shot.

None that i know of. Much of the Filipino crowd here still thinks our Ukulele is just a toy. I myself is just self taught. I just practice everyday and jam with great guys from the church band who are great guitar players. I'm also really eyeing on having a go with the UUUniversity starting this May. Maybe we'll be classmates.

None that i know of. Much of the Filipino crowd here still thinks our Ukulele is just a toy. I myself is just self taught. I just practice everyday and jam with great guys from the church band who are great guitar players. I'm also really eyeing on having a go with the UUUniversity starting this May. Maybe we'll be classmates.

I know right ? Most ukuleles sold here are those simple toy-like ones. Except in some great music stores like Lazer, it's where I bought mine. Guess if there really aren't any, I'd give the UUUniversity a shot. And that would be awesome :D !

great to encounter a fellow pinoy ukulele player. my first ukulele is bought in lazer as well. we might have the same uke. it's a samick greg bennett uk70. for my second one, i took the plunge and ordered from ebay. the third one is another local brand. a lumanog. it was gifted to me on my birthday. so now i have three ukes. way too much ukes for my musical skill level. that's why im also considering UUUniversity.

I agree, and yes we do have the same one. thee ukes right away? :)). you sure do mean serious business with ukulele playing :-bd ! I'm sure you'll really be great at it , maybe after a few of them lessons.

hey i can't enroll in uuu. i was stuck on the "state" drop down field. coming from the philippines, i wouldn't be able to fill that out. there's no field for international enrollees to fill out. :(

Hey guys,

I'm john and I am a filipino as well. I think it is a good idea to enroll to UUU, considering that Aldrine is a very good teacher! Myself is going to enroll to the music theory program because I bought Aldrine's Ukulele Solos dvd and it is pretty much the same as UKE101 and 102.
You guys need to email one of the UUU's staffs and let them know what program you are interested in, then they will send you an email with a paypal link so that u can purchase the lesson.

Anyways good luck and see you at campus!

Cheers
John

hi there everyone.
i live in davao, there's one problem here with regards to ukulele. i cant find any decent store that sells decent ukuleles. as well as here in davao, people think that ukulele is still a toy. if you have any friends or you know someone or some place that sells decent ukuleles here in davao. please inform me. im in love with ukulele, but i cant find any :(

I wonder where Mele http://www.meleukulele.com/ has their 'ukuleles made? They are awesome and reasonably priced relatively speaking. I heard they were made in Cebu City though not sure if that helps any. I see some 'ukuleles on the wall upper left at beginning of this video, Ferangeli Guitar Factory:

Here's a lead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7uxCKGEe-Q

bumbrown13

Can u tell me where in cebu u bought ur ukulele? Im looking to buy one for myself... how much was it? :)

canjest

I bought the ukulele at a place called Opon Guitars in Mactan. It cost P1,500 and this was five years ago.

Here's another- Allegre Guitars:

Last edited:
Hi kababayans,

We have a lot fo good ukes in Cebu. In fact, our own ukes were inspired by the craftsmanship of uke makers in Mactan island. I have posted some info in the New membership forum entiltled " New island ukes from the Phiippines.Please let me know if you need further assitance. Salamat....

JOIN UUU! Try watching the "Uke got Minutes" you actually will learn a lot of stuff from those :)

Top Bottom