My New Mya-Moe Uke

Eric Skye

Reaction score
I've played guitar for thirty seven years, professionally all my adult life... but I've only played uke since Sunday. I just can't put it down! This thing looks, sounds, plays, and even smells fantastic. It's just incredible. I had the high G on there for a few day, now I have the low G.... Can't decide which I prefer. Here's a few pics I took last night.
IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3069.jpg

such a beautiful instrument!! very nice buy. welcome to UU. and it is true, the more you play, the more you will love and become addicted to it.

WOW!

Is that a Tenor?

i'm thinking it's a concert. looks a little small for a tenor and only has 17 frets. but i guess that's not always a determining factor. my concert eleuke has 20 frets lol.

Looks awesome! I've always been interested in their work. But since I just picked up my 9th uke, I'll have to wait a while.

I love the woodpattern and their unique headstock. Bet it is great to play! Congrats!
Cheers,
Skottoman

VERY beautiful! Thanks for sharing>

Hmmmm... a guitarist turned uker... where have I heard that before? Welcome to the club my friend. A word of advice - Keep the guitar out or you may never see it again. The last time I picked mine up it felt like a baseball bat! It hangs on my wall like a museum piece. I just made a cigar box uke and strung it with low G, just to try it. It's great for blues and many tunes that just "cry out" for it, but the re-entrant tuning is my fav. There are just so many cool "inside-out" finger rolls that you just can't get otherwise. Solution: Two ukes!

Beautiful! I love it.

Heed these fine people's advice: Play your guitar too.
Uke is pretty new to me too. I'm trying to play my guitar as well, but the Uke is a lot of fun.
I remember when I got my new uke. Played it pretty much straight for two days. Then I picked up my guitar. Holy crap! Did you ever realize how large a guitar is?

Beautiful! I love it.

Heed these fine people's advice: Play your guitar too.
Uke is pretty new to me too. I'm trying to play my guitar as well, but the Uke is a lot of fun.
I remember when I got my new uke. Played it pretty much straight for two days. Then I picked up my guitar. Holy crap! Did you ever realize how large a guitar is?

When I play guitar I am always blown away by the full sound.
My Mya-Moe is scheduled for late may delivery.

That's one pretty ukulele. Mya-Moe does great stuff.

Really nice, congratulations! Beauty and sound probably makes you want to play all the more.

Are those Peghed tuners? And if so, how do you like them? Gorgeous uke, BTW....

Those are pegheads. They are standard on Mya-Moe soprano and concerts. And no upcharge is you put them on a tenor...

cool people

Top Bottom