PDA

View Full Version : Friction tuning pegs with KOA buttons

hoosierhiver
04-30-2010, 08:54 AM
Mainland Ukes now has friction tuning pegs with KOA buttons.
Pimp that Uke! $25 a set

Ukeffect
04-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Mike, you are SUCH a uketease! :drool:

the.ronin
02-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Don't mean to resurrect an old thread but anyone know where I can get these? Maybe in nickel?

TheCraftedCow
02-26-2012, 08:47 PM
How about PEGHEDS with koa buttons from your piece of koa? We can do that for you.
www.PEGHEDS.net It is possible to have the advantage of a precise tuner and have the look of the traditional shaft and button out the back.

Kauai808
02-27-2012, 03:04 AM
Hoosier, are these koa buttons still around?

the.ronin
02-27-2012, 05:21 AM
How about PEGHEDS with koa buttons from your piece of koa? We can do that for you.
www.PEGHEDS.net It is possible to have the advantage of a precise tuner and have the look of the traditional shaft and button out the back.
Thanks! I don't have koa handy though. But out of curiosity, would you be able to make custom buttons if given the specs? I was thinking just the Gotoh tuning pegs but replacing the buttons.

Hoosier, are these koa buttons still around?
I checked Mainland's site as soon as I came across this archived post and they no longer carried it. I did send them an email but haven't gotten a response yet.

[edit] I did get an automated response from Mainland saying they were in Thailand for a uke festival so responses may be delayed.

hoosierhiver
03-07-2012, 10:24 AM
I've still got some of these.