Way Down in the Hole - ukulele cover

greetings Hal, Ive just discovered your clips in the last month and they are excellent. the thing I like about them is you've found a way into uke blues without sounding cliched or like a miller beer ad type of blues. Nicely rough around the edges. I'm doing somethig similar but minus a good voice. ha! Can you tell me about your set up, I know you got a looper pedal of some sort, but the overdrive sound your getting on nylon strings is excellant. Whats your secret? All going into a small valve amp? Keep up the good work cheers fergs
p.s. I think you should release your songs as juke box singles, they've got that vibe

Last edited:
Hey Fergs. Thanks for your kind words and for discovering my work. My set up is actually pretty simple. I plug the uke into a Boss Blues Driver, a Micro POG and the Boss RC-20XL loopstation. Then it goes into an Ibanez 35watt Troubador acoustic amp. The amp is also amplifying my vocal. The camera used to record the whole thing is a Samsung digital camera with 35x zoom and basic mic technology. Nothing mysterious. I think the biggest secret is that I dig into the strings with my thumb and fingers (something that comes from playing guitar for years) and not just lightly stroke them. I do play some sweet quiet stuff but generally I hit hard. LOL.

Hope that helps!.
:cool:

Top Bottom