Uke Lesson 29 - Come Together

Hey UUers! Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society:

Uke Lesson 29 - Come Together!

The lyrics are strange, the chords are bluesy, and the elementary math is technically correct - it's a Beatles hit that spans the ages. With Play-Along featuring YouTuber and fellow UUer, puremarkska and his Fluke uke. Check it out and play to your freed mind's content! Questions, comments, suggestions, advice about life, speculation as to what a "joo-joo eyeball" is? Post it below!

Last edited:
This is become my latest ear worm. Perfect song to get back into uke'ng. I just finished grad school with my last exam on friday 4/30. My ukes are lonesome!

Thanks for the lesson and play-along!
Been wanting to learn this song since Aldrine's cover!

What is the strum pattern when Aldrine is playing the g7?

Thanks guys, you all rock!!

Dan

The lyrics are strange, the chords are bluesy, and the elementary math is technically correct - it's a Beatles hit that spans the ages. With Play-Along featuring YouTuber and fellow UUer, puremarkska and his Fluke uke. Check it out and play to your freed mind's content! Questions, comments, suggestions, advice about life, speculation as to what a "joo-joo eyeball" is? Post it below!

Strange the lyrics may be, but they're not so strange that John Lennon couldn't successfully be sued by the copyright holder to Chuck Berry's 'You Can't Catch Me'

You can read the full story here.

Incidentally, in 'Open All Night' Bruce Springsteen also pays homage to Can't Catch Me; amazingly quoting from the very same verse that John Lennon quotes from:

Bruce:
New Jersey Turnpike in the wee, wee hours, / Sun's just a red ball rising over them refinery towers
John:
Here come old flat-top, he come groovin' up slowly / He got joo-joo eyeball, he one holy roller

Chuck:
New Jersey Turnpike in the wee wee hours / I was rollin' slowly 'cause of drizzlin' showers
Here come a flat-top, he was movin' up with me /Then come wavin' by me in a little' old souped-up jitney

Top Bottom