Final day of Lone Star Uke Fest & new ukes

Uke-lahoma

Reaction score
I just got back to my hotel room after the concert that ended the third and final day of the Lone Star Uke Fest in Dallas, TX. Kudos to organizers Noel Tardy and Mark Levine and their Dallas Ukulele Headquarters (DUH) colleagues for putting on a great festival! Performers & workshop teachers included James Hill, Ken Middleton, Ukulele Bart, Kimo Hussey, the Wahooligans, and others. Start making plans to attend next year!

One reason I am glad that the festival is over is that I don't think my bank account could take another day. I ended up purchasing two instruments: a Spanky banjo uke (see earlier post for pics) and a KoAloha standard soprano. The latter was donated by MGM, and I won it in a live auction (the auction was run by Mike, himself), with the purchase price donated to James Hill's "Ukes in the Classroom" project to put ukuleles in the hands of teachers and students in schools. A worthy cause and a good excuse to buy another uke! (Like I need an excuse.) Thanks to MGM for his donation!

As a result, I'm selling my Waverly Street banjo uke and my Kala Solid Acacia soprano over at the UU marketplace to help stop the bleeding in my checkbook. Take a look and PM me if you are interested.

Top Bottom