Wound 3rd

tmo

Reaction score
Just bought new tenor. This uke came with nylon strings. I bought a set of strings with wound 3rd
is useing a wound C string on a tenor the players choice? I like the idea of wound 3rd and thats how
my 1st tenor is strung. Whats the scoop?

jute

Your right I could use jute for my 3rd if thats what I like.I crashed my bike Fri. night and broke
neck of said 1st uke Must of hit my head harder than I thought. Thanks for the reply and keepin
it real.

I've strung them both ways. Unwound 3rds are usually thicker than their wound counterparts and could need some nut work to get them to fit. I've found unwound 3rds to be too loud compared to the other strings and intonation on fretted notes is off.

Musicguymic strung my first Uke with Aquilas having a wound 3rd and now that I've played them both ways, I like wound better.

I rather like having a wound C string. But, that being said, it has it's disadvantages.
I especially like having a wound C string if I have a wound low G as well. (Fun for bass lines)
Just try whatever you would like. I think instrument strings often feel like a more permanent fixture than they ought to be. Strings aren't hard to change. Change them regularly and try out new things.

I've strung them both ways. Unwound 3rds are usually thicker than their wound counterparts and could need some nut work to get them to fit. I've found unwound 3rds to be too loud compared to the other strings and intonation on fretted notes is off.

Musicguymic strung my first Uke with Aquilas having a wound 3rd and now that I've played them both ways, I like wound better.

I agree with DaveVisi. The intonation factor does come into play....

Top Bottom