Wanted: solid body steel-string electric uke, tenor

ichadwick

Reaction score
I am looking for a solid body, electric, steel-string uke like the Risa or Jupiter. tenor scale. Anyone selling?

Still available? What price?

I looked at those on the ukulele.de site. Not my preferred body shape, not really a solid body (it's semi), and I would prefer different pickups (humbuckers), but for the right price I could be interested. Also has to ship to Canada - does it have a case or gig bag?

Let me know. I'm interested.

Yes its still available at a recently droped price of $415.
I was thrown of by the body a little at first, but when i started playing it actually felt better that a traditional shape. and it is soild, the f hole is there just for looks haha is doesnt really go anywhere.
I can ship to canada and right not i only have a gig bag but i could hunt around for a case that could fit.

It is in practicality a solid-body electric.
I was told by Rigk (the owner of the brand) that the sound chamber is very small, so it's hardly a semi. It warms up the tone a bit, but shouldn't give feedback problems.

I'm surprised you haven't been able to sell that uke yet d'uke. It's a good price on an awesome uke ^^
I woulda gotten it if Risa hadn't released the Les Paul model :p

Speaking of Risa, my new Concert uke-stick arrived today, with Geared tuenrs!

Last edited:
A bit expensive, but tempting. Canadian taxes and fees will add another $80-$90 or so on top of that, so it's more than I really wanted to spend. But it IS very beautiful.

What would it cost to ship to Canada, please?

Express is $40 (5days)

Priority is $25 (6-10)

@kissing: Yeah man i didnt think it'd last this long haha; but how do you like that stick?

Thanks for the quote. Still considering my options - I have been offered/recommended a couple of electric ukes since this post, so I need to weigh options - cost, style, etc. I'll get back to you before the weekend.

@kissing: Yeah man i didnt think it'd last this long haha; but how do you like that stick?

I'm having great fun with the stick! It's not my first time playing one - used to have one but didn't like the Friction tuners.
But now that it has geared tuners that work really well, I have nothing but satisfaction for this instrument.

It's so deliciously compact and cute, and sounds fantastic through an amp - better than most other nylon-string electrics. Can't really go wrong with a Risa.
They have great attention to detail.

With relevance to this topic, the Risa Tenor has 2 pickups (allowing you to use one each or both at the flick of a switch), whereas Monkey Wrench Music one appears to have 1.
Other than that, they both seem very well made. I would like to try the Monkey Wrench Music electric uke some day. They look so exotic!

Last edited:
3n83k03ob5O25T65U1a4l97a11ff09c7017df.jpg

Well, it's not electric, it's not solid body and it appears to have nylon strings. Aside from those three rather important criteria, it almost fits my request...

Of course, it's also one of the ugliest instruments I've ever seen, it's ridiculously expensive and doesn't mention the scale. So it's not on my wish list.

But thanks for the thought. I've accepted an offer of a Risa. If I like this electric uke enough, I will be back to look at others. I may want to get a second one for a friend. Or more likely sell him mine while I go upscale. Not to a hollow-body aluminum, mind you, but probably something with a more traditional shape and humbucker pickups.

I may have the exact one you're looking for.
Risa, steel string soprano in tobacco sunburst. No visible dings, scratches or general damage. I'll let it go for £290 (£90 less than the southern ukulele store and just as good)

Top Bottom