Ohana CK-65D impressions?

byjimini

Reaction score
3a908349.jpg

Looking to buy one, but can't find any reviews? I already own an Ohana SK35G, which I love to bits, and so was checking out the rest of their range, and saw this one sticking out. It looks lovely, but then so does mango, and I've read countless arguments and counter claims for and against those.

Last edited:
This is a very nice sounding uke, being made from all solid woods. This uke is also available under the Makai label model LC150D, and selling for $218 brand new at the Aloha Warehouse, San Francisco.

Thanks for asking about a uke maybe a good number of UU members and visitors never would have thought have!!! That does a lot for everyone! Even just the asking part.

Last edited:
I played one today at Russo's in Omaha. Once it was tuned up (which was tough with some kid in the same room on a Fender Strat with the amp cranked to 11) I thought it sounded really nice. I wasn't sure if it was all solid or laminate, but I guess it's a mixture of solid spruce and mahogany woods. Very striking design. The first concert I ever played, too, and I liked the spacing on the fretboard (having come from mostly sopranos).

Is it just me...
...or does one sound hole look like an ear, while the other looks like a nose?
I guess it could also look like a skeleton head winking.
...Just some random thoughts :)

Top Bottom