My Senior Composition Recital - a ukulele FIRST for Georgia Southern University...

EricStetson

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just graduated from Georgia Southern University with a B.M. in Music Composition and minor in Theater, and to finish my degree I had an evening recital of all original music performed by about 30 musicians including myself. Within the recital were 2 featured songs for the ukulele and voice - one was used as an opening theme song to a web series, the other was an encore. There has never been a performance on that stage or as a graduating recital featuring the ukulele before now!

I used a Waverly Street banjolele for one, and my Pono concert mango for the encore. below are pictures:

Attachments

• DSC01086..jpg
    DSC01086..jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Pardon..jpg
    Pardon..jpg
    93 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC01118..jpg
    DSC01118..jpg
    100 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC01186..jpg
    DSC01186..jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 51
Hi guys, I just graduated from Georgia Southern University with a B.M. in Music Composition and minor in Theater, and to finish my degree I had an evening recital of all original music performed by about 30 musicians including myself. Within the recital were 2 featured songs for the ukulele and voice - one was used as an opening theme song to a web series, the other was an encore. There has never been a performance on that stage or as a graduating recital featuring the ukulele before now!

I used a Waverly Street banjolele for one, and my Pono concert mango for the encore. below are pictures:

Nice. Now that you are done, when you coming to a SEUkers meeting?

Congratulations!

Way to go! And I'll bet everyone really enjoyed both ukulele performances!

Keep uke-in',

congrats! and good job!! i have a BA in music performance and i hated composing as part of the major most of all. i really admire people that can write music. while none of my music sounded bad, i think the only types music i did good at writing were 12 tone and aleatory. i should have used a uke in one of those!! if you got a video of the music, you should post it!!

this is awesome! congrats!

thanks guys, I'm currently in the process of getting the recordings from the performance hall and a some of the music will make it to the internet - the two uke tunes are actually on YouTube already though, albiet sans tuxedo.

Here's one, with the Waverly Street Banjolele:
"Pardon Ma Francais" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lVs3MmrPSk

As for the Southeast Ukers - it's a pretty long drive for me out to Sweetwater Park! Come to the deep south and I'd be happy to join ya...at the end of this month I'm moving to Sacramento though, so my time here as a Georgia boy is limited.

congrats on graduation. I just graduated my self, though in a not so cool business fashion. I love the song "pardon ma Francais" and I would like for you to post a tab so I can lean it. Peace and again congrats.

Congratulations on graduating and going out with such style! I'm sure GSU will be a better place for having been uked. :)
I loved "Pardon Ma Francais" and am looking forward to seeing clips of your recital! Good luck as you head out to CA.

That's something to be really proud of! I'm glad you had fun with it too. And congratulations on graduating!

Top Bottom