Make your ukulele sound like a synthesizer

You can get some good synth sounds from Guitar FX because it sucks and the effects sound so crappy and digital. Some of the effects sound decent on their own but when you start layering them it goes to hell.

Very funky sound! Nice!

pretty cool. i don't know how this will have relevance but it will be cool to see what it can be played with

I often play through my Boss eBand - both acoustic and solid-body electric - where I can play with the sound and layer on all sorts of effects. I know some purists only want to hear the uke played naturally, without chorus, flange, wah or distortion. But I love making it wail.

im also known to add some distortion to my uke

some moogerfoogers can be bought used for about 200 they can be used with any instrument or anything with 1/4 inch plug

effects are just generally a lot of fun on the ukulele
it gets a certain wow factor from people when they see it

but if im writing a song it always starts out acoustic

One of my favorite things to do is set a reverb unit to a long, blooming setting, then strike a chord or a note with a volume pedal on zero and fade it up, then add a new chord "bloom" over that, as it decays, for some cool ethereal tones. Single notes come out sounding like bowed strings. I wish I still had my old Alesis Quadraverb for that - there are some great presets in there, but right now all I have is my Boss Stereo Reverb pedal, which works, but it's not the same.

Also, for those with Pro Tools, there are some cool effects, including Mooger Fooger, available, but my faves are the Leslie rotating speaker effect to create and organ sound, and the Sans Amp (or some other amp simulators) for some wicked crunch and distortions.

Top Bottom