Uke players wanted for a major tour of Germany/Switzerland!!

UkeyLove

Reaction score
Got this on email this morning so I thought I would pass it on.

Dear Sir/Madam,
We are looking for Ukulele Players for a major tour of Germany/Switzerland in 2011. If you have any members, male and female, that are interested, could you please ask them to email me on 2petermossmusic@gmail.com. or indeed call me on 0757 663 4997.

Many Thanks,
David York ( for Peter Moss,Producer/Director)

Good luck with it, it could be exciting adventure

Last edited:
More details just in: Airfare, hotels covered and €600/wk!

More details just in:

The tour is from 17th MARCH to 17th APRIL 2011 in Germany and Switzerland.

Airfares and hotels are covered.
Pay will be 600 euros per week.

The players will be required to spend 10 days in Germany prior to the tour for rehearsals and therefore, would be away for approximately 6 weeks.

The show will include a mixture of musical tastes and the players will also need to sing.

A video shoot is planned for the end of this month in London.

Anyone interested can either email me
2petermossmusic@gmail.com

or call 07890152389.

Kindest Regards, David York

Looks good if you have 6 weeks or so of and are up for an adventure.

I'm thinkin' maybe I don't suck as much as I think I do? kidding.......I only wish I had 6 weeks free.

Just received mail from Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain to the effect that somebody named Peter Moss is falsely representing himself as associated with the UOGB, and is booking dates in Germany and Austria. Look out!!!!

Here's the mail sent out by the genuine Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain:

Our apologies for sending out 2 emails within a week but it has been brought to the attention of The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain, that another organisation, claiming to have been playing in the UK and Europe since 1998, and to being "the cult sensation from London" is being promoted in Germany and Austria.

This show is using publicity text and photos similar to that used by the UOGB, and has indeed been promoted online using an actual photo of the UOGB. A publicity quote for this other organisation is said to come from "The London News". We do not know this newspaper.

In addition, the other organisation has announced that Peter Moss has "taken over the musical direction of the orchestra". Please note that Peter Moss has no prior or current involvement with the UOGB.

The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain would like to make it clear that it has nothing to do with this other organisation.

At the very least this is all confusing, and it is known that some ticket buyers, ukulele fans, and venue managers in Germany have already been given the impression that they were dealing with the UOGB.

The UOGB however continues to tour all over the world, with many dates in Germany and Austria in 2010 and 2011; and will be performing in the Theaterhaus in Stuttgart on October 2nd and 3rd 2010.

The other organisation has announced that it too will be appearing in Stuttgart at the Liederhalle on 19 March 2011.

We understand that approaches have been made to ukulele players in the UK and Germany as well as to a number of German and Austrian theatres. Some of those contacted have, we understand, been left with the impression that they were dealing with the UOGB and have felt very uncomfortable when the situation became clear.

The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain, (which has been in existence for 25 years),
www.ukuleleorchestra.com

would like to distance itself from the other organisation:

The United Kingdom Ukulele Orchestra, (whose website appeared on Wednesday 5th May 2010),
www.ukulele-orchestra.co.uk

The agency which which is promoting this other orchestra and which has registered this other website is
www.yellowconcerts.de

This organisation has no connection with the UOGB.

The UOGB has no problem with someone putting on a ukulele (or any other) concert, of course, but if the public or professionals are left with the impression that they are dealing with the UOGB when this is not the case, then we are very concerned.

To see a list of confirmed concerts The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain will be performing in 2010 visit our website www.ukuleleorchestra.com

Top Bottom