rookie mistake

sehamilton

Reaction score
los angeles, soon to relocate to sunny michigan
so as none of you may know (haha), i am in the process of moving across the country: california to michigan. i came to michigan to look for a new place to live, and im only going to be here for a week and then to new orleans for a weekend vacation. i brought so much luggage that i decided to leave my ukulele behind thinking, 'i can live without it for a week, right?'

WRONG. im lonely.

any prescriptions to beat the uke separation anxiety?

- sarah

Elderly Instruments
1100 N. Washington
Lansing, MI 48906 USA

I had the same problem on a recent two week trip. I kept looking for guitar shops to go in and strum a few bars on. When I got home, I promptly went out and bought a new instrument if for no other reason than to quick fix my anxieties.

~DB

This is an interesting dilemma that I might be facing next week.

1. The cheap quick fix is to try out ukes at different stores.

2. I thought about finding a store that rents instruments and find out if I can rent one for a small amount. Of course it is tough enought to find ukuleles for sale much less ukulele rentals. But a store may be willing to rent a demo for a few days. Tell them you'll post the store on UU and give them some good press, that may help getting your hands on one.

3. Buy one... Elderly or other store. I thought about picking up a less expensive ukulele that i could stuff in a bag if I couldn't carry it on so I wouldn't worry about it being in pieces upon arrival. Or if you are in the market for one, buy it , play it, and then have the store ship it home a week later.

John

I think the best solution is to visit Elderly Instruments or some other store and buy a KoAloha! (One can never have too many good ukes.)

I think the best solution is to visit Elderly Instruments or some other store and buy a KoAloha! (One can never have too many good ukes.)

Yes this is the way to go!!! You know you want another uke anyway!!!!!

Check the local library. Ours has three or four ukes for loan to residents/members, at no cost. If you really MUST buy one, check local hock/pawn shops first.

PS. I think your keyboard lost its Shift key in the move too. I hope you recover both it and your uke.

Top Bottom