I'm learning to play the uke...how am I doing?

Phos Ellipsis

Reaction score
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Sounds good to me. There aren't too many breaks between chord changes. When you first start out, the hard part is changing chords without missing a beat.

Good job!

thats good for just starting out bro.

keep learning some different chords but i do have a question.

do you use a pick?

it kinda seems like you do.

you can use a pick for ukulele by all means.

but I, myself, would not reccomend it.

if you use your fingers you will be able to pick all four strings that the same time.

all you have to do is grow your nails out a little bit and you will have your own home made finger picks.

it takes getting used to but i would also like you to try different picking exercises. look on youtube for ukulele picking techniques and you will find a lot of videos that will help you get better.

it sounds good dude just keep it up!

:music:

Very good! Smooth strumming and chord changes, much better than I was when I first started. Maybe next you could vary the strum pattern abit, say, a pause every so often, or, slow it down just before you begin repeating the strum pattern, and then again just before you end "your song". Keep it up!!

your strumming sounds good to me :D

pretty sure that sounded better than what i started off as.. but with in one month you will improve a lot if you keep at it, i couldn't strum without my fingers getting stuck inbetween the strings :S

but it sounds great man... keep practising

Sounding great so far and props for recording it and putting it on Youtube! I've been playing for a little over a year and haven't quite overcome my camera shyness yet.:rock:

Keep it up dude! Within no time, chords that seemed impossible will seem like they ain't no thang! I'd just mirror what everyone else said about tempo, and experiment with strumming patterns. Of course I'm a fine one to talk. I seem to be stuck on a strumming pattern myself at the moment.

The pick or no pick thing is a sticky issue. My little brother in-law uses one to great effect. He knows what he's doing. A friend of mine uses finger picks on a soprano uke also to great effect, it sounds better than when he uses his fingernails. But then I also thought I'd never be able to strum, but now I've found my way of doing it too, which is different than theirs'.

If it sounds good, it is good. :rock:

Nice strumming, and your changes are pretty smooth.

Recording yourself is a great idea! It's hard to really listen to youself while you play (sometimes when I listen I get completely lost), but it's important to be able to hear how you're doing. And very cool to hear how you improve!

Nice strumming, and your changes are pretty smooth.

Recording yourself is a great idea! It's hard to really listen to youself while you play (sometimes when I listen I get completely lost), but it's important to be able to hear how you're doing. And very cool to hear how you improve!

I agree your smoothing strumming and changes. Good job keep it up!

Top Bottom