New Uke day - Pineapple Sunday arrives on a Thursday!!

eculuke

Reaction score
Well guys my new baby is here......she is awesome....just thought I would share my joy with all.

ps.jpg

Well guys my new baby is here......she is awesome....just thought I would share my joy with all.

ps.jpg

RIght on!! So you did get it yesterday:) What do you think? I was a little nervous b/c I sent a mainland out last weeka nd it arrived cracked. PO dropped the ball on that one but we are working to get it resolved. I too got the Kamaka and so far I am very happy. Good trade Luke:)

actually I live on a 3rd floor condo and USPS wont come up to deliver things. So they stuck a notice in my box. I had to go get in line at 9am and pick it up at the main post office. But I am very happy and glad you like the kamaka.

Luke

actually I live on a 3rd floor condo and USPS wont come up to deliver things. So they stuck a notice in my box. I had to go get in line at 9am and pick it up at the main post office. But I am very happy and glad you like the kamaka.

Luke

Lazy goverment employees. I just realized that today is Thursday. I keep thinking it is Friday already.

Lazy goverment employees. I just realized that today is Thursday. I keep thinking it is Friday already.

I work for Uncle Sam. It is Thursday, but it is my Friday thanks to Alternative Work Schedules. I get every other Friday off, I still work 80 hours in 2 weeks.

Congats on you new toys.

Edit: Aren't you a teacher? Do you work in Public Schools? :)

Last edited:

Excuse me? Care to follow me around my nine mile walking route every day for a week? Then, if you still feel so inclined, you may call me "lazy"..... Sheesh!!

Anyway......that is a beautiful looking uke!!! Congrats and enjoy!!

I work for Uncle Sam. It is Thursday, but it is my Friday thanks to Alternative Work Schedules. I get every other Friday off, I still work 80 hours in 2 weeks.

Congats on you new toys.

Edit: Aren't you a teacher? Do you work in Public Schools? :)

Lol! As I surf UU.

Excuse me? Care to follow me around my nine mile walking route every day for a week? Then, if you still feel so inclined, you may call me "lazy"..... Sheesh!!
Sure. Just remember that I have 30 non-deoderant wearing 10year olds and more scheduled for next year.

Congrats!! Love the Pineapple Sunday!

This appears to be the infamous 13th fret marked PS?

Cheers!
Skottoman

Congrats eculuke on your new PS and you too John on your new Kamaka. I sense smiles all around.

eculuke, I hope that you hang on to the PS that I called Gypsy or Vagabond for a longtime. Give her a good home, love her, and play the hell out of her.

To be honest if somebody hadnt told me the marker was out of place I would have NEVER known. I mean most people dont play down that low and can tell you what marker goes where. This uke seems flawless. I think Ill hang onto her for a while. Next target on my list - Sceptre :)

This appears to be the infamous 13th fret marked PS?

eculuke, I hope that you hang on to the PS that I called Gypsy or Vagabond for a longtime. Give her a good home, love her, and play the hell out of her.

Yep, that is the one that Ronnie Aloha owned, then I owned, then haolejohn owned, and now eculuke owns. I hope that she has finally found a happy home. Play the heck out of her!

I have to admit though that I'm a little bit bummed because I really wanted that Kamaka last year when it was first sold to eculuke, and I got beat out on that purchase. Sigh...and since I was trying to move that Pineapple Sunday for about two months this year with no takers, I'm sorry I wasn't able to work out that trade for myself since I lusted after that Kamaka for a really long time.

Oh well. But at least haolejohn is happy now, as is eculuke. But dude, where were you when I needed you in January/February??????!!!

Last edited:
Yep, that is the one that Ronnie Aloha owned, then I owned, then haolejohn owned, and now eculuke owns. I hope that she has finally found a happy home. Play the heck out of her!

I have to admit though that I'm a little bit bummed because I really wanted that Kamaka last year when it was first sold to eculuke, and I got beat out on that purchase. Sigh...and since I was trying to move that Pineapple Sunday for about two months this year with no takers, I'm sorry I wasn't able to work out that trade for myself since I lusted after that Kamaka for a really long time.

Oh well. But at least haolejohn is happy now, as is eculuke. But dude, where were you when I needed you in January/February??????!!!
I still want a PS but I want a debossed top one. This paticular PS was very pretty and sounded very nice but she just never called my name. Even my wife wasn't in love with her. I desire a koaloha tenor with crown bridge. The Kamaka is very nice and very beautiful but it isn't a Koaloha but it is a Kamaka:)

I still want a PS but I want a debossed top one. This paticular PS was very pretty and sounded very nice but she just never called my name. Even my wife wasn't in love with her. I desire a koaloha tenor with crown bridge. The Kamaka is very nice and very beautiful but it isn't a Koaloha but it is a Kamaka:)

I actually prefer the look of the laser etched PS over the debossed ones. And I am a woodcarver! I find the look of the laser etched top to be more subtle than that of the debossed top. It would be interesting to hear one of each side by side to see if the was a big difference in the sound.

John, If I ever decide to part with my crown bridge tenor I will keep you in mind.

Top Bottom