PDA

View Full Version : Is there a National Ukulele appreciation day?

Dane
05-06-2010, 09:32 AM
I think we need one! If we don't have one I think we should try to pick a good day.

I realize everyday is ukulele appreciation day but still....

SailingUke
05-06-2010, 09:35 AM
May 2nd is National Play Your Ukulele Day

Dane
05-06-2010, 09:47 AM
No I missed it!... Oh well, I know I was playin that day so I guess I didn't really miss it...

ichadwick
05-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Every day is, around my house.

Uncle Rod Higuchi
05-06-2010, 12:04 PM
National?

What about an International UU Ukulele Appreciation Day? (just for us?)

We can organize it anyway we want and not have to worry about getting the word out to non-UUers... for now.

Not trying to be exclusive, just want to get to those who are always here anyway.

Maybe we could include a "visit your local music store, ukulele maker, etc" as part of the Day.

Keep uke-in',

Dane
05-06-2010, 01:30 PM
National?

What about an International UU Ukulele Appreciation Day? (just for us?)

We can organize it anyway we want and not have to worry about getting the word out to non-UUers... for now.

Not trying to be exclusive, just want to get to those who are always here anyway.

Maybe we could include a "visit your local music store, ukulele maker, etc" as part of the Day.

Keep uke-in',

Dang it! I meant international, I was a little distracted with things on my mind. Or we could do like a First Sunday thing where everyone has to play their ukulele on the first sunday of each month! And post a video or somethin, it would be cool.

Zukester
01-27-2011, 05:26 AM
Is 2nd May really International Ukulele (Appreciation) Day?

Looking to have an event around April/May here in Glasgow UK with the group we're trying to get off the ground, would be good to know in advance if there was a national/international day already.

rreffner
01-27-2011, 08:19 AM
May Day is Lei Day

molokinirum
01-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Monday through Sunday!!!!

Dane
01-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Alright! if you're gonna dig up some old threads might as well be mine ;)