Looks like there's a new model in Luna Guitars' ukulele line.

Sambient

Reaction score
Concert sized electric addition brings the model count up to seven.
Now if only they'd do a lefty model. Priced more like their entry level ones. Wonder what else is coming down the pike. Anyone know how the electronics they use are?

I was curious about the fact that this appears to be an electric but the specs on the site say "preamp: none". So I sent the company an email asking about that, and of course taking a moment to mention that the left-handed market would love to be addressed with one of their acoustic/electric models.
Yvonne de Villiers answered the email herself, and in the same day. That impressed me.

Hi Samantha!

Sorry.....the picture is incorrect, though we will be adding the Tattoo Concert w/ preamp to the line in 3 mo. or so. The prototype had one and the web designer forgot to photoshop it out. Thanks for the heads up!

Glad you like the Honu, and you're right....we really do need to address the lefty issue. The Tattoo Concert is the most popular pricepoint and design, so that is the one we will be adding.

Have a great weekend!

Yvonne

Yvonne de Villiers
Creative Director/Designer
Luna Guitars

wow! I had heard the Luna name before, but never actually looked at one - they look really nice! I was sure that when I saw the price I'd realize there's no way I could afford one anytime soon....WRONG! $70 for the concert/soprano - very affordable. I saw some reviews on Amazon and they all sounded like if set up properly they were nice ukes (not unlike a Kala or Lanikai in that respect I guess).

I'm gonna' have to start saving my pennies for one of these! Does anyone here on UU have experience with Luna ukes (esp. the low-end ones) - in terms of how they sound and how they are to play? I'm also wondering about how critical the setup is??

Boy, I really like this one (wish they had the tattoo design on a standard soprano and had a pickup, but still, for $70!)
1259090925.jpg

I have the Honu soprano model.
There's a few threads over the months regarding Luna ukuleles. Including someone having gotten the Dolphin Concert.

I like my Honu for the comfort of playing, the neck is super-smooth. It's not got as ringing a tone as some of my others entry level ukes. The set up is fine, the tuners hold well. There were some rougher areas on the body: the waist, the soundhole. It is very pleasant to hold. Comes with Aquilas.
It seems to have grown on me these past few months.

thanks for the info. - I did find a few brief reviews here on UU (and elsewhere online). Sounds like for $70, it's a pretty good deal - not too much to lose, right?

I suppose if I do order one at some point then I should do a thorough review for anyone else out there who's wondering about these ukes. Thanks again for your info!

Top Bottom